My converting from a reliever to a starter

Most of my pitching career I have been the guy that comes in for an inning or 2 in a blow-out. I don’t want that anymore. My coach was a starter for Duke until he blew out his shoulder. He told me that I have the potential to do it. I throw a 4 and 2 seam fastball and changeup, a knuckle curve and a splitter. This my journal of my progress and journey to becoming a Varsity baseball player.

I am 14 years old and I play baseball for the Ohio Havoc. I’m a 8th grader and I’m 5-10 and 200 lbs. I also play 1st and 3rd base and hit 4th. Most of my team will play 9th grade baseball this year for their schools even though they are technically 14. Me and a few other teammates won’t get that opportunity because of our age. I feel this is my advantage. I will be able to take more hitting lessons and have longer bullpen sessions because I won’t play until mid-May. I’m taking this time to become a 3 hitter, option at shortstop or outfield, and become a starting pitcher. I will post updates on everything I do to get there so I can maybe help other kids like me.

Wish me luck as I would to you.

I’m sorry I will not be using this one. I accidentally made 2.