My baseball journey- 2019 LHP

This is the first log of my journey I am a LHP from Pennsylvania I play for a high level travel team out of Maryland. I am using a weighted ball program. Currently of the mound I throw 73-75 here are my timeline goals
End of high school season- 76-78
Mid summer- 77-80
Start of fall season- 79-81
Every week I will give you an update going through each day.

How old are you. Maybe post a video also. Could help track your progress. Good luck!

I am 15 years old 5’11 183 lbs

Hey guys here’s a little update:
I have now brought my weight down to 178 while losing fat I have noticed muscle gain.
My next velo day is on Monday and I have a bullpen tonight and I will recap it after.

I’m planning on buying Ben Brewster’s book (Building the 95 mph body).

I’ve been switching from a straight bar to a trap bar for deadlifts. I’ve noticed that is puts a lot less pressure on my back and makes me focus on better form.

Here’s a sample workout for me:
10-15 minutes of cardio or 1 mile
Ab work (medball work/ab workout circuit)
Whatever day it is (chest,legs,abs,back/shoulders)
Scap work
Hip strengthening

So it’s been a minute since I’ve posted.
As of right now I’m 6’0 191 throwing 81-83 I hit all of my goals for velocity and I am now setting new goals.
Start of Spring: 84-86
Start of summer: 85-87
Also be committed to a D1 school to play baseball.
I am now doing driveline and working out with my schools baseball strength coach.

Please keep posting.

My son is also a left handed pitcher sitting in the mid 70s going into his freshman year. He will not turn 15 until late June.

He’s a tad smaller than you, 5’8" 125.

Like you, he also does the Driveline program religiously and lifts several times a week.

Having a point of comparison would be great.

Hey man I haven’t been on here in a while sorry about that but right now I’m 6’0 around 200lbs. Im going to a juco next year and right now I’m around 81-83 I am a late bloomer but your son is ahead of me velo wise going into his freshman year compared to where I was at that time, make sure he keeps working hard and stays on his stuff.

Thank you so much for responding.

My son is still 15, won’t turn 16 until late June, and he’s at 77 mph pull down with 73-74 off the mound.

He’s grown to 5’9" 138 lbs.

He’s working out 5 times a week in preparation of the upcoming season.

Monday, Thursday Saturday-velocity program

Tuesday-Pitching specific conditioning

Wednesday-Strength, Speed training

Mustang21, when you say “pull down” what does that mean? Crow hop and throw??

Yes, crow hop and throw.

My kids problem is that his pull down and on mound velocity are virtually identical bc he has a hard time stabilizing his front leg as he lands and his timing is off.

He’s been working in it the last two months and will get gunned next week.

Anxious to see the results.

He was at 77 mph throwing velocity last time he was clocked.

He’s 15, and now 5’10" 140 lbs.

Will not turn 16 until late June.

Hope to have his weight up to 150-155 by the time spring season starts.

Hey man
The biggest thing with stabilizing that front leg that I’ve found is getting super strong when it comes to single leg exercises
Reverse lunges being the best thing, also rear foot elevated split squats
the fact that your son is close to being over 80 at this point is great but its really only the start to it if he really wants to play at the highest level
my advice when it comes to his weight would be to get that up, I don’t know what his body is like but if he’s a bit scrawny and could try to get up towards the 160s with weight it would definitely help a lot

^^^^^

Agreed.

His weakest exercises are the single leg ones, but he’s working on them 3-4 times week. I’ve seen marked improvement, along with improvement on his balance.

It’s just a matter of time with him, I think.

He’s up almost 20 lbs over his weight in the summer and I think he could probably add another 10-12 lbs by spring, maybe 20 by summer. That would put him at 160lbs on a 5’10" frame.

Doctors who have examined his growth plates have told us he has probably another three inches or so to go in height.

That puts him at the 6"1’ or so range.

At 6"1’ I think a good weight for him would be about 180 or so.

He’s really thin, but started to fill out and build muscularature now.

Thank you so much for your input.

I’ve shown him your videos and he uses them as motivation.

I particularly like your delivery mechanics.

I would definitely look at the 90 MPH formula from Dr. Heenan on social media along with the other things he outs out. glad to help your son as much as I can