My 4 seam fastball feels weird

My 4 seamer feels weird when i grip it and i know how to grip it properly and when i throw it i think its taking away from my velocity but yet my 2 seamer feels perfect. Is anyone else got this problem?

Could it be that maybe, just maybe it feels that way because of how much you throw?

I’m surprised anything feels comfortable to you.

[quote]15 Yrs old.
Arsenel:
4-Seam Fastball 70-76 MPH
2-Seam Fastball 70-74 MPH
Curveball 55-65 MPH
Changeup 58-63 MPH
Splitter 55-62 MPH
Forkball 55-60 MPH
Screwball 60-68 MPH
Knuckleball 38-45 MPH[/quote]

Way too many pitches man, way too many…

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]Could it be that maybe, just maybe it feels that way because of how much you throw?

[quote]15 Yrs old.
Arsenel:
Curveball 55-65 MPH
Changeup 58-63 MPH
Splitter 55-62 MPH
Forkball 55-60 MPH
Screwball 60-68 MPH

Way too many pitches man, way too many…[/quote]dude i work out pitching everyday for atleast 2 hours or 300 pitches

[quote=“Wales Diesel”]Could it be that maybe, just maybe it feels that way because of how much you throw?

[quote]15 Yrs old.
Arsenel:
Curveball 55-65 MPH
Changeup 58-63 MPH
Splitter 55-62 MPH
Forkball 55-60 MPH
Screwball 60-68 MPH

Way too many pitches man, way too many…[/quote]
wats wrong with amount of pitches?

I don’t know…

maybe the fact that you’re 15
maybe the fact that you can’t consistently throw all those pitches for a strike
maybe the fact that you’re going to ruin your arm
maybe the fact that no one in Pro ball throws that many
maybe the fact that youre 15 and ‘throwing’ a screwball…
maybe the fact that you’re fastball will suffer
maybe the fact that throwing that many pitches is just flat out stuuupid! If you seriously want a shot at playing Baseball outside of Canada and in the MLB you need to focus on 3 pitches and make them 3 above average pitches

300 pitches… are you serious, No one at any high level of baseball pitches that much, you’re going to have serious arm problems.

Dice-K does
But hes kinda unconventional

anyways
on the main topic:
I cant throw a 4 seam fastball. It doesnt feel right. I’ve thrown a 2-seam all my life.

[quote=“Jacobs 21”]Dice-K does
But hes kinda unconventional

anyways
on the main topic:
I cant throw a 4 seam fastball. It doesnt feel right. I’ve thrown a 2-seam all my life.[/quote]see im with this guy i barley ever throw my 4 seamer

If you get the chance to play College Ball…(that’s another story intself) you’ll find it rare to even throw a 4 Seam FB, most coaches won’t ‘allow’ you to throw one, because they feel that it’s too ‘straight’ and will get hit more then a 2 Seamer.

Side Question (s) for ya…

Who’s teaching you all of those pitches?

Whoose allowing you to ‘pitch’ thast much each day?

Well I have trouble with my 4-seam but that’s because I don’t throw it very much anymore I use the 2-seamer.

Anyways, that is definetly way too many pitches.

Oh, I be a knuckleballer and I will tell you now that a knuckler won’t move unless you get it up above 55 MPH, 38-40 means you’re lobbing it. I throw mine 60 something most of the time, sometimes I dip below 60 though to change speeds.

Anyways, you don’t need that many pitches, starters at the Major League level have 4 or 5 pitches at the most. Maybe just maybe six but that’s very rare.

[quote=“Pustulio”]Well I have trouble with my 4-seam but that’s because I don’t throw it very much anymore I use the 2-seamer.

Anyways, that is definetly way too many pitches.

Oh, I be a knuckleballer and I will tell you now that a knuckler won’t move unless you get it up above 55 MPH, 38-40 means you’re lobbing it. I throw mine 60 something most of the time, sometimes I dip below 60 though to change speeds.

Anyways, you don’t need that many pitches, starters at the Major League level have 4 or 5 pitches at the most. Maybe just maybe six but that’s very rare.[/quote]

Dice-K has 20 pitches but that was just a ploy to fool batters :twisted:

I think you mean Dice Gay.

You throw for two hours everyday?! First of all, I would never throw two hours straight unless I was a MLB pitcher at the peak of my career. Plus, the fact that you don’t throw your four seamer much is just terrible! I dunno, it seems like your leading down a road of destruction.

dude, ok scerisoully after i throw my arm never hurts and only 50 or even 30 of the pitches are at top speed i only do it so im never rusty and im always trying to improve, doing this has only made me better. i learn the pitches from coaches my cousin and the computer. my dad lets me throw he incourages it pluss if he dident i still would.

dude, ok scerisoully after i throw my arm never hurts and only 50 or even 30 of the pitches are at top speed i only do it so im never rusty and im always trying to improve, doing this has only made me better. i learn the pitches from coaches my cousin and the computer. my dad lets me throw he incourages it pluss if he dident i still would.

Too many pitches, no consistancy, no control, no mastery and downright no good pitching.

Knuckleballs once again need to go at least 55 MPH to move, yours are being pulled down by gravity.

[quote=“Pustulio”]Too many pitches, no consistancy, no control, no mastery and downright no good pitching.

Knuckleballs once again need to go at least 55 MPH to move, yours are being pulled down by gravity.[/quote]

Everything on earth is being pulled down by gravity you dolt!
A fastball will have a much higher acceleration in the opposite direction of gravity than say, a knuckleball will. Go spin!

To my understanding, everything falls at the same rate.
Its just how long its in the air that determines how far it drops.
For instance, 80 MPH fastball going 60 feet is in air .7 seconds (idk)
50 MPH knuckleball going 60 feet is in air 1.2 seconds (idk)
That means gravity is pulling on that knuckleball .5 seconds longer

[quote=“Jacobs 21”]To my understanding, everything falls at the same rate.
Its just how long its in the air that determines how far it drops.
For instance, 80 MPH fastball going 60 feet is in air .7 seconds (idk)
50 MPH knuckleball going 60 feet is in air 1.2 seconds (idk)
That means gravity is pulling on that knuckleball .5 seconds longer[/quote]

you also forgot spin (and so air pressure)
and magnus forces

Here’s the thing…

I’ve played baseball a long time and pitched at many different levels including for years professionally… I haven’t seen one pitcher MASTER 4 pitches, let alone the 10 you listed. Simply because it’s too difficult. It’s very rare to even see someone that’s mastered 3 pitches at the big league level. When I say “master” I mean these pitches are above big league average with exceptional command. If I were you I’d try and command a fastball first and then work on a breaking pitch and a changeup.

Those 300 pitch days are absurd!!! If you learn anything from baseball is quality not quantitiy!! I’d much rather have 20 quality reps than a hundred tired ones! Tony Gwynn used to say that he’d never put a limit on his batting practice swings. If he felt good, somedays he’d take 6 or 7 quality swings and call it a warmup and he’s ready for the game.

ps Dice K doesn’t throw 300 pitches a day…comeon

ps #2 Your fastball doesn’t feel right because you don’t use it! What you don’t use in pitching, you will lose my friend.