Music While Training

Eric Cressey had a blog post about how one of his trainees brought in a CD to play and it included some Justin Timberlake, it is clear he doesn’t feel this is training valid stuff haha.

I happened to agree with Cressey, while I’m all for bringin sexy back, if this makes you get pumped it would seem you tick far differently than I.

So anyways, I thought I would post as what I deem lifting worthy music and I was curious what everyone else listens to get pumped and amped up.

Artists I have on my training playlists a few I only deem one track or so intense enough:
(Alphabetical order, not preference)

Breaking Benjamin
Breaking Point
DMX
Eminem
Emery
Finger Eleven (some tracks)
Foo Fighters (some tracks)
Godsmack
Hoobastank
Jay-Z
Korn
Linkin Park
Papa Roach
POD
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Senses Fail
Shinedown
System of Down
Thousand Foot Krutch
Three Days Grace
Tobymac- "The slam"
Trapt

Pretty much nothing top 40 does anythign for me.

So what do you all listen to? What else to recommend to add to my collection?

[quote=“centerfield2150”]Eric Cressey had a blog post about how one of his trainees brought in a CD to play and it included some Justin Timberlake, it is clear he doesn’t feel this is training valid stuff haha.

I happened to agree with Cressey, while I’m all for bringin ***** back, if this makes you get pumped it would seem you tick far differently than I.

So anyways, I thought I would post as what I deem lifting worthy music and I was curious what everyone else listens to get pumped and amped up.

Artists I have on my training playlists a few I only deem one track or so intense enough:
(Alphabetical order, not preference)

Breaking Benjamin
Breaking Point
DMX
Eminem
Emery
Finger Eleven (some tracks)
Foo Fighters (some tracks)
Godsmack
Hoobastank
Jay-Z
Korn
Linkin Park
Papa Roach
POD
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Senses Fail
Shinedown
System of Down
Thousand Foot Krutch
Three Days Grace
Tobymac- "The slam"
Trapt

Pretty much nothing top 40 does anythign for me.

So what do you all listen to? What else to recommend to add to my collection?[/quote]

We had a stereo in our weightroom for a while. I really just remember Sleep Now in the Fire by Rage Against the Machine, and Dead and Bloated by Stone Temple Pilots. Once I put all my playlists on my new MP3, Ill make a training playlist that has some of yours plus:
Rage Against the Machine
Stone Temple Pilots
Dem Franchize Boys
Linkin Park
Queens of the Stone Age
The Ramones
Moby
Three Bad Jacks
Nekromantix
Muse
Most of those bands have only one song that I would put on.
I cant think of any more right now
sorry

centerfield…I 100% agree with u on Senses Fail.

I love working out to their newest CD…Still Searching. Gets me pumped.

SF is my fav. band

[quote=“bballer13333”]centerfield…I 100% agree with u on Senses Fail.

I love working out to their newest CD…Still Searching. Gets me pumped.

SF is my fav. band[/quote]

I just put watever I’m into at the time onto a on the go playlist and play it on my Ipod, usually Disturbed, Drowning Pool, RATM, Linkin Park, maybe Eminem, Refused, lots of death metal stuff that I normally don’t listen to other than lifting.