Muscle Milk, Cellmass, cytogainer, or plain creatine

My goal for next season is to get bigger, add size, and increase strength. Between muscle milk, cellmass, cytogainer, or just plain creatine what would work best to help me achieve this goal?

Chicken breasts. Fried preferably.

Good workouts and eat an hour after with high carb/protein foods. Also a glass of chocolate milk.

Made me think of this quote from Chad Waterbury

“I often have lunch with Pavel Tsatsouline in Los Angeles. I’ll never forget the first time I dined with him. I ordered chicken tacos. When I ordered he shot me a menacing glare and said, “Eating chicken makes you weak.” Then he went on to tell me that whole eggs are good for two reasons. First, they’re excellent for helping you build muscle and strength. Second, they keep chickens from being born. (Yes, Pavel has a way with words.)”- Chad Waterbury

[quote=“Slewbacca”]Made me think of this quote from Chad Waterbury

“I often have lunch with Pavel Tsatsouline in Los Angeles. I’ll never forget the first time I dined with him. I ordered chicken tacos. When I ordered he shot me a menacing glare and said, “Eating chicken makes you weak.” Then he went on to tell me that whole eggs are good for two reasons. First, they’re excellent for helping you build muscle and strength. Second, they keep chickens from being born. (Yes, Pavel has a way with words.)”- Chad Waterbury[/quote]
Love it! Lol

Made me think of this quote from Chad Waterbury

“I often have lunch with Pavel Tsatsouline in Los Angeles. I’ll never forget the first time I dined with him. I ordered chicken tacos. When I ordered he shot me a menacing glare and said, “Eating chicken makes you weak.” Then he went on to tell me that whole eggs are good for two reasons. First, they’re excellent for helping you build muscle and strength. Second, they keep chickens from being born. (Yes, Pavel has a way with words.)”- Chad Waterbury[/quote]

lol. I generally agree but wanted to meet the original poster halfway and suggest fried chicken. He probably wasn’t ready for the suggestion to eat 6 hamburgers per day :wink:

Besides, chicken is cheap and eggs (in large quantity) give me gas. Pavel is rich. I’m not. Gotta mix it up once in awhile. :slight_smile:

kyleb, sent you a PM.

Ideally you’ll be able to put together a diet that doesn’t require all the additional supplements. The better you eat, the less need you’ll have for all the “hyped” products.

okay from my own experience. I can tell you right now that you need absolutely no supplements at all. I bought whey protein 3 months ago, but thats just for conveince. That is all i take. I sometimes take a multi vitamin when i “cut” weight, due to the fact i am in a calorie defict.

You do not need any supplements, at all.

My first 5 months of lifting weights, i drank literally a 2L of milk every day, maybe a little bit more. It helps get you the calories.

Also it has been proven that after you workout you do not need a quick dissolving protein, such as whey protein

When i was done working out i just drank 500Ml of milk. I made huge stat gains and was really growing fast too.

The only reason i bought whey was just so i can get a little more protein in my body, and it was easier. You don’t need it at all.

Also if you want to get big don’t worry about the supplements, but worry about being in a calorie excess every day.

i would focus on about 500 calories over your maintence calorie intake.

to find your calorie intake google search: Daily calorie maintence level.

Also make sure to have at least 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, and make sure to have at least .5g of fat per pound of bodyweight.

This is just for the general majority

YOU DON"T NEED SUPPLEMENTS HAHAHA

Amen, brother. All you need is milk.

Whey protein is the only “supplement” we push just because it’s cheap, comes with a good source of BCAAs built-in, and is generally just food. We do advocate fish oil (Omega-3’s) and multivitamins too, and creatine if the user is a positive responder to it. These are all cheap and somewhat effective supplements.

But you absolutely do not NEED any of them. And if you don’t get your diet/workout plan in order first, they won’t do anything for you anyway.

Chocolate Mlk!!! My favorite.

Also I know there isnt any advirtisement here, but I found some really good new sports drink. Its called iXL DOu. I love it. Its very unique compared to gatorade and i think it hydrates you better. So ill reccomend it to all you guys for during workouts. I love the stuff!

Creatine?

Also, isn’t a mulit-vitamin a waste? I think its wayyy to much to absorb by your body and you just piss it out

I totally agree whole food choices are truly the way to go… But supplements still can have their place. I took all three supplements mentioned by the OP in college and ended up settling on the Advocare line of supplements… POS and spark, etc… to fill in the gaps.

personally i have never tried creatine, but i can tell you right now you don’t need a multi vitamin at all.

The only time i would ever take a vitmain, is if i was cutting weight, and even when i do cut weight, its extremely rare that i ever take a vitamin.