Mph

is it possible to gain 10-12 mph on your fastball in a year :?: If not,how much velocity could you gain in one year?

Yes it is possible. If you have a very intense workout and do a lot of work on mechanics and maby longtoss and/or yoga, whatever works best for you it’s very possible.

From what I see you are 13, correct?, and I don’t believe you should be on an intense workout scedule to try and gain certain MPH. Your still growing let your body do some of the work. I’d do tubing and maby some longtoss just not too much intense workouts.

Some will come naturally but most you will have to gain yourself but at your age you should wait a year or two.

is tuffcuff an intense enough workout?

haha Oh Yea!

lol. ummm… i was wondering, in another post, if lik phase 1 has enough stuff, i mean it doesn’t seem right to workout 2 days, and do 1 day of light dumbbell exercises, and the rest of the week is off. what should i do on the off days? throw, and rest or add something else?

You can always add in stuff that you want.

I’m not a health expert so I won’t say much.

I’d say no, but that’s not to say it hasn’t happened. My guess is that if a pitcher were to gain this much velocity in one season, he had HORRIBLE mechanics before, he grew 6 inches, and he put on a good 15 to 20 pounds of healthy weight.

In my experience, I gained about 3 to 4 mph a season. Some more, others less.

Yes its possible, I had a growthspert and a throwing program and gained 25mph.

i gained 10 mph in 100 pitches or one week.

It’s all about mental approach with average mechanics. You have to think you can let it rip hard.

JUST THROW HARD/LET IT RIP WHILE TRUSTING IN THE FASTBALLand thats how you can gain MPH. 90% of the game is MENTAL. So go out there and uses it the mind is power full can do many things you never thought you could do.

i dont think u can gain 10 mph in 1 week just by doing that.

WELL I did and even my coaches and catcher that is best in state tells me that I have gainned around 10mph and That my coach has never seen me throw this hard ever.

So it is possible to gain velocity in the bunches as long as you have the mental approach and I myself have proved this.

How about some before and after videos with radar guns? That would be real proof of it.

It’s definately possible… I’ve added twelve between my freshman and sophmore seasons. It’s all in the mechanics and mental approach. Make sure you get optimal torso twist, and open up your upper body the instant your lead foot lands. Also, you have to be thinking about throwing hard and smooth. Envision a hard, fast strike before you begin your windup. I’m no expert, but this helped me. Also depends on how old you are. You’re most likely to add that kind of velocity if you’re between 14 and 18.

I believe that if a pitcher has really poor mechanics,
if he improves his mechanics considerably,
that he could raise his velocity 10-12 mph. in less than one year.

[quote=“CardsWin”]I believe that if a pitcher has really poor mechanics,
if he improves his mechanics considerably,
that he could raise his velocity 10-12 mph. in less than one year.[/quote]

I’m not saying that every pitcher could, though.

I don’t think that you would really want to, your body could struggle with the added stresses and then it would just be a negative for you. I am sure that somewhere someone has definately done it though.

True,
some pitchers could not handle the stress.
One of the reasons could be because they don’t have the stamina
or mechanics they should.

Nahhh

Nahhh what?
Do you mean that you don’t think a pitcher could improve his velocity
10-12 mph in one year?

Nahhh what?
Do you mean that you don’t think a pitcher could improve his velocity
10-12 mph in one year?[/quote]As stated before by other people, I think the only way a pitcher could put on that amount of velocity by that amount if he had:

1. Horrible mechanics, just terrible, just used his arm to throw
  2. Was a tiny little guy
  3. Was not in shape at all

In order to put on that speed you would need to see something like this:

1. Now perfect mechanics, very efficient in using his lower body and trunk while pitching
  2. Grew a lot, maybe somewhere in the amount of 6"-12"
  3. Got in the best shape of his life