Moving To North Carolina

Hey everone I’m moving to North Carolina Durham in the next couple of mounths if my mom can sell the house. I currently live in Rhode Island where baseball is not the best sports area to get drafted. I think I will have a better shot in NC because I will be near alot of Div1 colleges like UNC,NCCU,NCstate and alot of Div2 schools.

What is the baseball like in NC, are the players good and how do you think I will do?

Baseball is great in NC i live there im 15 and play for the Carolina Twisters 15u team and well baseball is great. I can reccomend some great teams in the area wat age group are you or how old are you?

michael jackson is on the forum?

wtf this post is not about micheal jackson

Im 15 and would love a team for the durham area. IDk when the house is going to sell when see puts it on the market.

When my mom finally sells the house and we get down there if the yard of the condo is big enough i’m going to build a portable mound and buy a pop up catcher so I can pitch in the offseason out side.

If I build this mound then how much a week should I throw in the offseason and also how should I work the bullpen around the workout?

sorry to lose you RIstar. i’m from providence, which is quite possibly the best city in the world, if you don’t already know that. btw i really don’t think it matters what state you play high school ball…

[quote=“RIstar”]Hey everone I’m moving to North Carolina Durham in the next couple of mounths if my mom can sell the house. I currently live in Rhode Island where baseball is not the best sports area to get drafted. I think I will have a better shot in NC because I will be near alot of Div1 colleges like UNC,NCCU,NCstate and alot of Div2 schools.

What is the baseball like in NC, are the players good and how do you think I will do?[/quote]

Yeah, there a many, many quality schools in NC. A bonus is that they receive more gov’t funding than most states so the tuition is extremely cheap. There’s like 16 UNC campuses all have baseball I believe, plus many other schools.

I’ve played High School ball in two states now and the talent is definately there. Seasons start at the very end of February, and run until early May, and then playoffs until early June.

For summer ball there are two really popular options, at least in my area.
There’s legion. And recently a league formed for High School Summer Baseball. 36 High schools from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding towns are in the league. I’m not sure if all Durham schools are in it, but it’s a good summer ball experience if your given the chance.
I know of a couple guys that play travel ball, but that doesn’t seem as prevalent, probably cause there are other options that are cheaper and less time consuming.

Yes, I’m happy that im going to be leaving because of coaches that believe in the balance point and is trying to teach me it and I said No because balance point is not needed.

I need a new start and that will make me better off the coaches I know try to change things to much and don’t know what they are talking about.

Yea as long as you still respect them. They’re trying to help you because thats what they think. It doesn’t mean you have to do what they say but you still have to respect them. You know more than most coaches do use that to your advantage. Be such a good pitcher that a coach won’t even question your mechanics.

well my coach doesn’t like how I drift towards the plate whcih is the most important part in pitching MOMENTUM.

You will find it veries from coach to coach.
The best will have ways they would like you to throw, but won’t force you out of a comfort zone.

My favorite pitching coach I’ve had really didn’t mess with my mechanics much, he taught me a lot of the mental game and makeup of a big time pitcher. He was in the MLB for a short time and really taught from experience, I liked that a lot.

I’ve also had pitching coaches (short lived) that expected you to do very specific and often illogical things, the most irritating of which was the drop and drive method.

Yea you can benefit from a lot of different people. A kid on my team was having some trouble and I had a good idea of what it was but he was going to have a lesson with the varsity coach so I shut my mouth and he came up to me later and was like yea coach solved all my problems it was because my shoulders were turning way too soon so I was throwing with all arm. Our coach was only a college pitcher who was throwing int he high 80s at one point but he said he never had the drive to go farther b/c he had a girlfriend and just wanted to start a family.

Even though he was only a college pitcher he knows his stuff and you can still benifit from that.