MounD..!

I was pitching and when i went to put my foot near the rubber it was like a 7 inch hole near the whole rubber and they left it like that it was from the rain and it was almost pitching uphill… anyway in relief i walked 3 straight batters without throwing 1 strike and that has NEVER happened to me…anyone ever had mound problems? :evil:

Sure have. I pitched on a mound last year that was a good 5 inches to the right of home

I was pitchin on a mound that was flat with weeds all around the dirt which was hard to step anywhere without stepping on a weed. I’ll add that the wind was blowing out like 30 mph and. My velocity was terrible. Ya, I got rocked.

With the holes, the pitcher should call the umpire out and tell him you need a minute to fix that hole, it is honestly dangerous.

But as a pitcher, you need to do whatever you can to fill that hole EVERY INNING if you have to. If the other pitcher keeps digging it out, you keep filling it in.

Its your game…don’t let some stupid dirt (or lack there of) ruin it.

[quote=“garyalarson”]With the holes, the pitcher should call the umpire out and tell him you need a minute to fix that hole, it is honestly dangerous.

But as a pitcher, you need to do whatever you can to fill that hole EVERY INNING if you have to. If the other pitcher keeps digging it out, you keep filling it in.

Its your game…don’t let some stupid dirt (or lack there of) ruin it.[/quote]

True dat!!

ooh yeah, got that alot. Even worse is wehn your playing 2nd or short and some retard keeps digging a holy there. One kid was digging holes where he should stand.