More movent on c-change

How can you get more move ment on a c-change when it probably breaks about 2 inches down

What way are you suppose to twist your arm(or are you even suppose to).

What way is it suppose to break.
And last question is is what best compliments a good change up 1.a good fastball 2. a good curveball?

Thanks in advance

Clark

Pronate (thumb down, palm out) the c-change to get it to tail to the throwing arm side.

I believe the fastball compliments the change-up the best because…

(1) You can change speeds with these two pitches while change-up and curve are both offspeed pitches.

(2) You can better disguise the change-up and make it look like a fastball because the spin of a change-up more closely resembles the spin of a fastball.

[quote=“Power Pitcher11”]How can you get more move ment on a c-change when it probably breaks about 2 inches down

What way are you suppose to twist your arm(or are you even suppose to).

What way is it suppose to break.
And last question is is what best compliments a good change up 1.a good fastball 2. a good curveball?

Thanks in advance

Clark[/quote]

Are you finishing your pitch? Sometimes when you throw a change-up - you do one of 2 things that cause it not to break as sharply. First - you can slow your motion down. This can cause release point problems or lack of movement on the pitch. Second thing that happens (at least it happened to me) is that when you slow your motion down - you don’t get through your delivery - you end it too early and the ball doesn’t move as much as it could if you finished your delivery. I remember reading that good changeups are made in the last 10% of the delivery - so concentrate on finishing your pitches and this should help with the movement.

What I did to make sure I was using the same arm speed with my change-up and getting through my pitches - was to throw my circle change during long-toss (usually only out to about 90 to 120 feet).

Pronating (your thumb more toward the ground) your pitching hand causes the pitch to move more side to side. Be careful though because if you only have two inches of break now you may get less than that when you pronate and the ball can flutter in the zone.

Good change-ups and good fast-balls go together. Good change-ups and decent fastballs go together. My pitching coach told me to throw my change-up with gripping it with whatever fastball is working for me that day. If your 4 seam fastball is working on a particular day - throw your c-change so it looks like a 4 seamer coming out of your hand. Use the circle-change grip across four seams.

i don’t recommend trying to get movement on the change up. i recommend getting it to look as much like a fastball as possible. to do that, it needs to come out of the hand spinning just like your fastball. watch the slow mo of the pitchers in the world series. they don’t look to me like they’re trying to turn the change up over or get it t move. if they want that, they throw a breaking ball. they throw a fastball off the end of the ring finger and try to throw it harder than their fastball to keep very deceptive arm speed.

i am reading a great book called 60’6" by bob gibson and reggie jackson talking about the competition between the pitcher and hitter. wow those guys were good. if you’re into the mental game, this is a good book to read.

or you could get one of those phiten necklace things, that might work

:rofl2:

My friend gave me his today and i was wondering what they do and if they even work