More Analyses - Marichal and Maddux

I recently completed two more frame-by-frame analyses of…

The Maddux sequence is particularly interesting because it is from a very old scouting clip (that I think I got from DM59) of Maddux from high school. At that time, he was capable of hitting the low 90s.

The Maddux clip originally came from Doug MacMillan (sp?) a scout for the Expos who is based in the northwest.

IMO, Marichal’s arm slot is about as overhand as it can possibly get. Like virtually all pitchers it is nearly in line with his shoulders but he bends so much that he’s throwing nearly straight overhand.

I think you’re right. I get my DM’s confused.

I agree.

I think much the same thing could be said of Koufax.

Right. That DMac isn’t me. I’ve seen that clip of Maddux but I don’t have a copy of it. How have his mechanics changed since then?

Very little.

His timing and mechanics are all pretty much the same.

why don’t you do one on pedro martinez? i don’t know, you have a lot of random guys but no randy johnson, no curt schilling, no catfish hunter, no pedro? looks awkward to me

Oh man, those Maddux pics are priceless. He must be 17 then. It’s probably from 1983 or 82. How great is that!!

Where’s that guy who talks about “the shcool of greg” he’d love that.

… 4pie, I too am party of the Pedro-lobby.

I will if someone can find me a clip of Pedro that was taken from the 3B side. All I have are CF views.

The same goes for Randy Johnson.

I do have a 3B clip of Schilling that I will try to get to.

BTW, I just finished a couple on Jeremy Bonderman and Jeff Weaver that are VERY informative because they are based on high speed film.

I will if someone can find me a clip of Pedro that was taken from the 3B side. All I have are CF views.

The same goes for Randy Johnson.

I do have a 3B clip of Schilling that I will try to get to.

BTW, I just finished a couple on Jeremy Bonderman and Jeff Weaver that are VERY informative because they are based on high speed film.[/quote]

don’t get me wrong though i like what you do i was just asking, not in a rude way