Momentum pitching

Whats with everyone saying dick mills is only in it for money, and he doesnt know what he’s talking about and that no one has ever made it the majors pitching like he proposes?

what about

bob feller
sandy koufax
whitey ford…

most oldy pitchers back from 1880-1950 pretty much took a big step back, raised their hands up over their head, and strided between 3rd and home, and also had a long stride. Most of these pitchers threw really hard, and had long succesful careers… also about him making money? its so hard to even find his dvd’s, especially from him, if someone can point me in the right direction thanks… end of rant.

yea true but back in feller’s time it was a whole different game. Mills is trying to bring the game to what it was. But now…throwing is very different. The only momentum pitcher in the mLB that i can think of is Paul Byrd…yes he’s dominite but he getsa that way with persice control and great movement on all his pitches. he throws a 4-Seam,2-seam,Cutter,Circle-Change,Slider,Curve all have good movement

yea true but back in feller’s time it was a whole different game. Mills is trying to bring the game to what it was. But now…throwing is very different. The only momentum pitcher in the MLB that i can think of is Paul Byrd…yes he’s dominate but he gets that way with persice control and great movement on all his pitches. he throws a 4-Seam,2-seam,Cutter,Circle-Change,Slider,Curve all have good movement

Paul Byrd may be many things, but I don’t know that dominant is one of them…
While I will admit that I don’t know too much about mills, from the stuff that I’ve heard of/from him, i think, in general, he knows what he’s talking about in regard to mechanics, but his stance on training, long tossing, and the like is very skewed. he’s trying to say that guys were successful back in the day because they played all the time and got most of their training from pitching off the mound. they developed their “skills.” to totally ignore the advances in sports science and new training techniques is very closed minded in my opinion. to say that weight training will not help a pitcher is ludicrous. it almost goes against his whole “momentum” theory because gaining strength will allow a pitcher to build much more momentum. i guess that’s my two cents. i’ll say again that i’m not extremely familiar with mills, so correct me if i’m out of line, but that’s how i uderstand his teachings.

Paul byrd is dominate in my eyes. He gets alot of wins (15) but also alot of losses (12). His only problem is he either wins of loses. If he’s off he loses. If he’s on he’ll strike out 10 batters

I like his wind up but he’s far from dominate, he pitched 192 innings with a 4.95 ERA or something close and only 88 k’s. His career is 1500 innings pitched and 800 k’s. Its hard to find videos or analysis’s of him so could someone help me find some? thansk

Not sure that qualifies as domination

kaz, you use dominate and amazing to describe pitchers to much.

if you can teachs guys to throw like feller and koufax i would do it (they are two of my favorites). those guys would be worth about 30 million per year at today’s market for pitching. byrd is an excellent little better than .500 that is laughing all the way to the bank. it just shows you how much a major league pitcher is worth and how hard it is to get major league hitters out.

please bring back the old school pitching. tons of innings and dominant stuff.

ok let me correct myself first he had 8 losses as opposed to the 12 I said. Second maybe I was wrong to call Byrd dominate. he’s a pitcher who gets lots of hits and lots of base runners but he always manages to get out of it. He’s a deceptive pitcher with his 6 pitches and the old fashion windup and of course the double start that drives hitter crazy (expectedly Hideki Matsui (sp?))

I cant take it anymore.

dominant

double start? what is that?

where he brings his arm back 2 twice to cause more deception

[quote=“Spencer”]I cant take it anymore.

dominant[/quote]

Stupid spellcheck I spelled it wrong and it changed it to dominate.