MLB playoff predictions (Never to early :D)

Well i posted mine in a similar post so im just going to copy and paste it here.

No bashing or flaming in this thread. This is just everyones opinion.

AL east
1.Rays
2.Yankees
3.Red Sox
4.Jays
5.Orioles

AL Central.
1.Twins
2.Sox
3.Tigers
4.Indians
5.Royals
The sox being 4th and twins being first is not me just being biased. I am taking consideration on possible incmoing players. The active roster and the Farm Systems of possible players coming onto the Major League Clubs.

AL West.
1.Angels
2.A’s
3.Rangers
4.Mariners

NL east
1.Mets
2.Phillies
3.Nationals
4.Marlins
5.Braves

NL Central
1.Cubs
2.Brewers
3.Cardinals
4.Pirates
5.Reds
6.Astros

NL west
1.Dodgers
2.D-backs
3.Rockies
4.Padres
5.Giants

AL PlayOff seedings

1. Angels
  2. Rays.
  3. Twins

Wild Card:
Yankees

Yankees lose to angels 3-2 ( i think its best of 5 in first series.)
Twins Beat Rays 3-2 (no bias)

Angels beat Twins 4-3

The NL playoffs

1. Mets
  2. Cubs
  3. Dodgers
    Wild Card: Brewers
    Mets beat Brewers 3-0
    Cubs beat Dodgers 3-0

Mets beat Cubs 4-3 (and im not being biased cause i am also a cubbys fan along with my dad)

Mets beat Angels 4-3 With K-rod getting saves in all 4 wins

Yes lets all just pray that your final result comes true.

Nah lets pray that the Twins beat the Mets in the World Series.

I can see it now.
Game 7
Santana vs Lariano
Santana goes 8 Innings
Lariano Goes 7 Innings

Neshek goes in 8th
Nathan goes in the nine in a non save opprotunity.

Then Carlos Gomez does a suicide squeez vs K-Rod to Win the Ws!

WOOT!

OK how in the h•ll are people predicting the Mets to win? They signed K-Rod and J.J. Putz - so what!?!? Back end of the bullpen does NOT win championships – that was the one thing the Rays DIDN’T have and they got oh-so-close. Now on to my predictions …

[size=18]American League[/size]
East

1. Yankees
  2. Rays
  3. Red Sox
  4. Blue Jays
  5. Orioles
    (what a great division … all four of the top guys are in a race to the wire until CC goes nuts at the end of the season … go Yanks!)

Central

1. Twins
  2. White Sox
  3. Indians
  4. Tigers
  5. Royals
    (I actually like the Indians … if they find their way in pitching they should be good …)

West

1. Angels
  2. Athletics
  3. Rangers
  4. Mariners
    (no-brainer …)

[size=18]National League[/size]
East

1. Phillies
  2. Mets
  3. Braves
  4. Marlins
  5. Nationals
    (now if Tex goes to Washington (which I don’t think he does) that would change … but I don’t think he does … also, I still don’t think the Mets are the best in the East … see the top of this post)

Central

1. Cubs
  2. Cardinals
  3. Brewers
  4. Reds
  5. Pirates
  6. Astros
    (we’ll see what happens with Ben Sheets …)

West

1. Diamondbacks
  2. Dodgers
  3. Giants
  4. Rockies
  5. Padres
    (hmm … Furcal … Manny … Peavy ( :thumbsup: ) … all depends …)

AL Playoff Seedings

1. Yankees (very biased, of course)
  2. Angels
  3. Twins
    WC. Rays

NL Playoff Seedings

1. Cubs
  2. Phillies
  3. Diamondbacks
    WC. Mets

AL Playoffs
Yankees over Twins :: 3-1
Angels over Rays :: 3-2

Yankees over Angels :: 4-3
[they say pitching wins series…]

NL Playoffs
Mets over Cubs :: 3-2
Phillies over Diamondbacks :: 3-0

Phillies over Mets :: 4-2
[Mets suck.]

WORLD SERIES
Yankees over Phillies :: 4-1

I am one very biased human.

[quote=“jpeavy44”]OK how in the h•ll are people predicting the Mets to win? They signed K-Rod and J.J. Putz - so what!?!? Back end of the bullpen does NOT win championships – that was the one thing the Rays DIDN’T have and they got oh-so-close. Now on to my predictions …
[/quote]

I’m not a Mets fan or anything, but I think that they would’ve had some great chance if their bullpen did not eat up a lot of wins. Particularly Santana’s

I’m not making any predictions now because a lot of things are to be done in this offseason…

Peavy, you don’t think the Rays had a bullpen? Are you nuts? They had a very solid pen. The Mets weakest link last year was their pen, they blew 29 saves. You think they’ll blow that many with Krod and Putz on that back end? Think again.

PS, both you guys think the Red Sox are third in the east? Have you lost your minds? They are about to pickup Tex and they’ll have the best lineup in the league with a strong rotation and a great pen.

[quote=“Hammer”]
PS, both you guys think the Red Sox are third in the east? Have you lost your minds? They are about to pickup Tex and they’ll have the best lineup in the league with a strong rotation and a great pen.[/quote]

‘about to pickup Tex’?

I mean, there is a possibility, but we do not really know at this point who will take Teixeira. Besides, Yankees are joining the melee, so it’ll get interesting to watch the race now

I, for one, Red Sox would at least finish at 2nd or top of Wild Card and sadly… 1st in the division is possible also

It’s too soon to tell. And the season is 162 games long, so anything could happen. We’ll just have to wait and bite our nails and see how it all plays out.

SpencerEllerbusch said,

[quote]NL Central
1.Cubs
2.Brewers
3.Cardinals
4.Pirates
5.Reds
6.Astros [/quote]

That’s the most respect my beloved buccos have gotten in 15 years…I’m beginning to think you’re a genius Ellerbusch!

jpeavy44 said,

[quote]Central

1. Cubs
  2. Cardinals
  3. Brewers
  4. Reds
    5. Pirates
  5. Astros [/quote]

Well, at least Pittsburgh wasn’t dead last…

My Redlegs are winning the NL Wildcard, be ready, we finally got a solid rotation and the bullpen is tightening up. Not to mention David Ross is gone behind the plate, he was worthless! Hopefully we can pick up Dye as well, mighty lineup we will have!

Im smelling the giants comin out with the NL West. With the loss of some big names in the NL West. The Weakest division gets weaker and the Giants pitching pulls em out in front!! WOOO!! :boingboing: :goteam:

How can both of you guys put the Astros dead last in the NL Central? Comeon guys, that’s a little out there. Behind the Pirates?? No chance.

[quote=“SpencerEllerbusch”]

Then Carlos Gomez does a suicide squeez vs K-Rod to Win the Ws!

WOOT![/quote]

If that happened i would just quit and never watch, talk or play baseball ever again.

But My playoff predictions

NL
1.Cubbies
2.Mets
3.Arizona
4.Phils

Phils beat Cubs
Mets beat Arizona

Mets beat Phils in 7

AL
1.Yanks
2.Angles
3.Chi Sox
4.Rays

Angles beat rays
Yanks beat Chi sox

Yanks beat Angles

Mets - Yanks World series.

And i have no idea what will happen then

If this happens analysis

Starting P - Yanks
Assuming no injuries, they have the best rotation front to back this year with only 4 starters

Bullpen - Mets
All I have to say is Putz is the SETUP MAN

Closer - ? Tie
Mo vs K-Rod. This isn’t fair. The greatest vs the record holder? The quiet one, who everyone bows down to, or the young emotional kid. Its tough.

Fielding - Mets
In the field:
A-Rod vs Wright - Wright
Jeter - Reyes - Reyes
Castillo - Cano - Cano
Delgado - Swisher - Swisher
Schnider - Posada - Schnider
Nady/Damon/Cabrera/Gardener - Beltran/Church/Pagan/Murphey/Martinez/Tatis - Mets
Pitching - I really dont know, I dont watch the yanks pitching enough to know if they are good in the field. But Santana is a freaking cat.

Hitting - yanks
Lineup (projected)
Mets:
Reyes
Castillo
Wright
Delgado
Beltran
Church
Murphey/Tatis
Schnider
Pitcher

The Mets actually have quite a deep line up assuming castillo doesnt suck.
Church can hit when hes no concussed, and the murphey tatis combo is no pushover. Hey 2 grand slams in one inning? I want him hitting.

Yanks: (not in correct order)
Damen
Jeter
Nady
ARod
Matsui
Posada
Cano
Cabrera
Swisher

The only weak link here is swisher, and he still hit 24 hr last year.
All i have to say is dont choke otherwise, otherwise they got this over the mets.

[quote=“Hammer”]Peavy, you don’t think the Rays had a bullpen? Are you nuts? They had a very solid pen. The Mets weakest link last year was their pen, they blew 29 saves. You think they’ll blow that many with Krod and Putz on that back end? Think again.

PS, both you guys think the Red Sox are third in the east? Have you lost your minds? They are about to pickup Tex and they’ll have the best lineup in the league with a strong rotation and a great pen.[/quote]

I said they didn’t have a back end, as in closer. They had a great bullpen!

They’re old with no offense (unless Berkman goes nuts), Oswalt … then who, Backe? Wandy Rodriguez? I just don’t like 'em this year … or for a while.

How can all of you guys all of a sudden put the Yankee’s in the playoffs after signing 2 starters. Yes, I understand it will make their rotation better, but they’re losing a lot of offense. I understand that they’re supposedly in the hunt for Tex and Manny, but I just don’t understand how in the hell they can afford to sign Manny and Tex or even one of them after signing CC for $161 million and Burnett for $80 million. And I’m not 100% sure if this is true or not, but I heard the Yankees asked the government for $300 million to help with the new Yankee stadium. I’m a firm believer that baseball needs a salary cap, but hey that’s just me. That’s saying a lot being that I’m a Red Sox fan :lol:

I get this feeling that Yankees are getting any kind of blame whether they made those moves or not…

Made a move = money spenders, unfair, salary cap needed

Did not make a move = foolish, how-could-they-not, slow

(a) I believe they will make the playoffs, no bias.
(b) They win the WS in my scenario 'cause I am a Yankee homer.

Peavy, I hate to say it, but Berkman, Carlos Lee, Tejada and Hunter Pence are all better than any Pittsburgh hitter. Especially since they lost their only threat in Jason Bay. That lineup is one of the worst in the history of the game. I’ll also take Oswalt over any Pittsburgh starter. They don’t have one decent starter, let alone a cy young candidate like Oswalt is every year.

Oh god please hope that my post was not interpreted to say Oswalt isn’t good. As a fantasy owner when I picked him up after he got back from the DL, I’d like to say thanks to him for that. He’s incredible.

Look at the Texas Rangers. No pitching. None whatsoever. They have very very good hitting, but no pitching. Now the Astros aren’t the Rangers, but pitching and defense wins baseball games.

I don’t have any trust in Tejada to be honest, and while Lee is a great hitter and Pence has incredible potential, I don’t see Lance Berkman duplicating a year like last.

So, I don’t know who will finish last. Heck, it’ll probably be the Pirates, but I still put the Astros there and that’s what I think.

Fair enough Jake.