Well not really…but
USA Baseball on behalf of the following organizations has released the following statement:
- American Amateur Baseball Congress (AABC)
- American Legion Baseball
- Dixie Baseball
- Little League Baseball, Inc.
- Babe Ruth Baseball
- PONY Baseball
- National Amateur Baseball Federation (NABF)
- National Baseball Congress / Hap Dumont Baseball
- Amateur Athletic Union (AAU)
- United States Sports Specialties Association (USSSA)
- National Police Athletic League (PAL)
- T-Ball USA
My question to you is twofold:
As a pitcher do you believe (as USA Baseball and the rest by proxy) that aluminum bats are no more dangerous than wood; balls come off both bats at the same rate; injuries are no more severe from aluminum and you are at no more a risk from a batter with an aluminum bat than wood?
If so, aesthetics and purism aside, would you be in favor of MLB going to aluminum for the sake of consistency across the entire range of baseball?