Minnesota Prospect

Okay so i live in Minnesota and i am really starting to get serious with baseball and hopefully i will be able to play at the next level!

What are some of the Top Baseball Schools in Minnesota that i should take a look at? (D1,D2,or D3 or Junior College it does not matter) And what are some good camps and clinics that i should look at. Along with showcases that i could possibly go to… I would also be willing to go to a junior college and transfer up to D2 or D1 whatever works.

Money is a issue but i am getting a job and i will find some way to get it.

Any suggestions would be awesome! I do not know alot about the Baseball recruting world so i am willing to learn!

By the way i am 16 and a Sophomore in HS.

well i also live in minnesota and am also a sophmore. What iv been doing besides playing for teams iv gone to a few stars of tomorrow showcases and camps because it is run by the St. Cloud State University(SCSU) coaches. Its a D2 school and becoming familiar with them is not a bad idea.

Do you have a link that i could possibly get some more information on these showcases? or should i just look at the St. Cloud website?

heres the only link i can find about it on the SCSU website. http://www.stcloudstate.edu/athletics/events/default.asp

Its the first article, what you could do is e-mail pat dolan(Head Coach) his e-mail is pat@starzbaseballcamp.com and you can just ask to get updates because im on his e-mail list and get e-mails every time a camp or showcase is coming up.

Spencer,

Here is your internet care package…

A link to each of the following websites:
DI, DII, DII, JUCO- Div I,II,II and NAIA

http://www.siue.edu/ATHLETIC/d2/bb.html

http://www.njcaa.org/sports.cfm?menu=2&sid=7&divid=1e"nder=m&slid=3

http://naia.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/naia-m-basebl-body.html

Now all you have to do is find a school that meets your needs and that meets your level of ability. Start out with about thirty or so. Get to their winter clinics or summer/fall showcases. Make some contacts and see where the chips fall. Treat it like a job search and i’m sure you’ll get on the field somewhere in college if you got the desire and the skill.

Good Luck.

I also live in minnesota. I would say that the U of M would be a good school to look at its the only DI in the state. Some DII: Concordia, UMD, st cloud state I dont know any other but I think theres one more. There are plenty of DIII’s but 2 colleges that are usually pretty good are St Thomas and St Olaf. If your really serious about college baseball also check outschools in Wisconsin: they have some pretty good colleges there too.

By the way where do you minnesota guys live? Ill tell you i live in rochester.

[quote=“Priceless”]I also live in minnesota. I would say that the U of M would be a good school to look at its the only DI in the state. Some DII: Concordia, UMD, st cloud state I dont know any other but I think theres one more. There are plenty of DIII’s but 2 colleges that are usually pretty good are St Thomas and St Olaf. If your really serious about college baseball also check outschools in Wisconsin: they have some pretty good colleges there too.

By the way where do you minnesota guys live? Ill tell you i live in rochester.[/quote]

I live in Faribault.
What school do you go to? century? Mayo and JM?

And the schools i have thought about in Minny are
University of St. Thomas (alot of kids from my school go there so thats a plus)
St. Olaf
And U of M

I go to Century. What did you play on last year? VFW, legion

On the college note, I think that St.thomas won Nationals in 05

I live in St. Cloud.

St. Thomas is a good school for baseball and also a good school i know someone who goes there and he likes it and says the campus is really nice.

Does anyone know their policy on freshmen? Like to they redshirt every freshman unless they are unbelievable? All i know about SCSU is they really like to red shirt guys.

[quote=“Priceless”]I go to Century. What did you play on last year? VFW, legion

On the college note, I think that St.thomas won Nationals in 05[/quote]

Hey my uncle is the Head JV Basketball Coach at Century! And assistant for Varsity Basketball i believe.

I played in neither VFW or Legion because i do not get along with the Faribo kids to well. I actually go to Bethlehem Academy the Catholic School here…But i played on a Team In Coon Rapids and went 4-0…We got 2nd in our playoffs

[quote=“SpencerEllerbusch”][quote=“Priceless”]I go to Century. What did you play on last year? VFW, legion

On the college note, I think that St.thomas won Nationals in 05[/quote]

Hey my uncle is the Head JV Basketball Coach at Century! And assistant for Varsity Basketball i believe.

I played in neither VFW or Legion because i do not get along with the Faribo kids to well. I actually go to Bethlehem Academy the Catholic School here…But i played on a Team In Coon Rapids and went 4-0…We got 2nd in our playoffs[/quote]

Ok, I was just wondering because we faced a pretty good pitcher from fairbo during VFW. He didn’t throw extremely hard but he threw his fastball and breaking pitches consistently for strikes. I don’t know if you know him but he almost no hit JM earlier that year.

Nice job on the playoffs

hmmm im guessing possibly Joey Klapp but he was a knuckleballer so im not sure if thats who your thinking off :smiley:

No, it wasn’t a knuckleballer. I think hes a junior this year. I think he pitched on Varsity in the spring.

Wow im excited for the future! Just filled out 6 questionares for college at my school today!

I’m also from Minnesota. This stuff about colleges really helped me. I pitched for Northfield VFW team this summer.

Do you guys know who ended up winning state for VFW?

Idk, we got knocked out of the playoffs by Winona. It was kind of cheap since they pulled down about 5 varsity guys to play us.

Ok cuz we lost to cold spring to go to state and I heard they did good.

Northfield…Nice! Haha im from Faribault but i play for Bethlehem Academy. But anyway i played some ball in coon rapids last summer and some with Faribault. It was a fun season.

I am actually working on throwing a 5 pitch sequence (not sure if that word is used right in here it just sounded cool! ha)

4 Seam FB
Circle Change
Curveball
Split Finger
Knuckleball (really been working hard at it because i have been interested in it since pustulio made the thread about it)

Priceless who did you play for? We knocked out Winona in districts. They did beat us on the opening game of districts in a game i pitched. The score was 3-2 and lost on a walk-off fielders choice thing. We came back and beat them in an elimination game though.