Microfiber reduction

I’ve been doing some reading on the net about Microfibers and reducing, or attempting to reduce their presence in the connective tissue fibers of our bodies. Is anyone familiar with this issue that contributes to the lack/loss of flexibility?

I thought by now I would’ve gotten at least 1 reply to this… I thought that if I included the link to the most recent article I’ve read it may help produce some feedback. Here goes :

There are a number of topics within the margin, but it won’t be hard to find Microfiber Reduction (MR).

I hope that someone within this forum has some additional insight into this for me.

Not a big fan from what I have seen…

They do get some good results but I would bet that they are inconsistent with their results and generally the treatment is not conducive to proper structural function - many (not all) of their clients will pay for it later in life.

Some other things to consider - I believe it is extaordinarily painful from what I have heard and the results are not permanent - it is similar to Rolfing in many ways. It is also obscenely expensive. They are also very secretive and protective over their methods so there are few people properly trained in their procedures.

Also, one should question what it is they desire; does the individual have stiffness/loss of normal ranges of motion or is he/she attempting to become “more” flexible than “normal”? Most chronic stiffness is caused by compensatory shifts in a person’s structure and is not the origin of injury - to treat these areas repeatedly is not a good thing for the structural integrity of the body.

To eliminate stiffness and restore “normal” ROM to the body, look to doctors whose focus is on Structural Correction; to increase/improve flexibility for athletic purposes, you would do just as well with an isometric stretching program like Pavel Tsatouline’s. This type of stretching works instantly and after a few short weeks you will dramatically increase flexibility -

Thank you for the referral to Pavel Tsatsouline’s book. I’ll be heading to Barnes & Noble later today to check it out.(Relax into Stretch) Looks like it can be picked up online for about $25.

Should anyone else have anything else to add, please do!! I’m anxious to get all the info I can on this.

+1 for Pavel’s book. The “Comrade” stuff gets a little old but IMO the information is first rate.

You may also want to look into the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI). Although golf oriented TPI is a major collaborator with the National Pitching Association in development of flexibility, mobility and functional fitness routines for pitchers and throwers. www.mytpi.com

Here’s a link to a Golf Fitness Academy episode from the Golf Channel hosted by the TPI guys with guest fitness instructor Todd Durkin of NFL quarterback training fame. Listen closely and you’ll hear all the buzzwords and terminology associated with rotational athletes not just golfers. At about the 16:30 minute mark Dr. Rose talks about reciprocal inhibition and attacking flexibility with strength. Good stuff.

[quote=“JP”]+1 for Pavel’s book. The “Comrade” stuff gets a little old but IMO the information is first rate.

You may also want to look into the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI). Although golf oriented TPI is a major collaborator with the National Pitching Association in development of flexibility, mobility and functional fitness routines for pitchers and throwers. www.mytpi.com

Here’s a link to a Golf Fitness Academy episode from the Golf Channel hosted by the TPI guys with guest fitness instructor Todd Durkin of NFL quarterback training fame. Listen closely and you’ll hear all the buzzwords and terminology associated with rotational athletes not just golfers. At about the 16:30 minute mark Dr. Rose talks about reciprocal inhibition and attacking flexibility with strength. Good stuff.

[/quote]

Yes - another source is a guy named Gray Cook. He is physical therapist, a big proponent of something called the functional movement screen (FMS) and has ties to TPI. He talks more about efficient movement instead of flexibility. Some interesting stuff.

Gray Cook is excellent as well. Flexibility is just one piece of the puzzle.

picked up the Relax into Stretch on barnesandnoble.com for 23 bucks and change. Should be here next week. I’ll be looking into the other authors you guys mentioned as well. thank you again for the input, appreciate it. Any others?? keep the referrals coming!