Metal bats

alrighty this is a vent that i have about metal bats.

Me being a pitcher myself, i think metal bats show absolutely no skill at all

I mean i know kids on my baseball team that can absolutely crank the shit out of a baseball using a metal bat, but when it comes to a wooden bat they have a hard time geting the ball past the infield. Basically they just hit short bloopers or just pop the ball up, but when they use metal they can hit it to the warning track majority of the time

In our league i see very few games that end in a score of 1-0 or even 4-3.

All the games are basically double digits. The reason for this is because of metal bats 100 percent.

Guaranteed when i throw my 88mph pitch to some kid with an aluminum bat, all he has to do is make contact, the faster it comes in the faster it leaves.

Thats why i think metal bats are a joke. All high school teams should have wooden bat leagues. Why the hell not? Wooden bats are used by pro teams thus they should be used by high school teams as well

What do u guys think.

Well that is what the BBCOR standard is trying to accomplish is to keep the reaction of the ball to the bat as close as possible to wood. Now the advantage of a metal bat is that you aren’t replacing the bat every week or so…I love to shred bats when I am pitching.

yes but how expensive or wooden bats???

i seen some wood bats go for around 20-50 dollars only

Aluminum bats cost around 300 dollars for 1 bat.

So if you thik about it, its not that bad.

And how many times do you break a wooden bat

A kid on our team, our number 2 hitter, used a wood bat all year and never broke it.

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]yes but how expensive or wooden bats???

i seen some wood bats go for around 20-50 dollars only

Aluminum bats cost around 300 dollars for 1 bat.

So if you thik about it, its not that bad.

And how many times do you break a wooden bat

A kid on our team, our number 2 hitter, used a wood bat all year and never broke it.[/quote]

I think you need a reality check if #1 you believe a hitter squaring up on your magnificent “88” with wood isn’t gonna knock the snot out of it, or #2 that all or even a majority of non-wood bats cost $300.

Yeah, “A” kid on your team used one woodie all year long, and we’ve had lots of kids breaking 2 of them in a single at bat.

Wood breaks, and that’s why smart players don’t use their “gamers” for BP.

The problem with wooden bats is that its much too expensive. Small schools like mine would me screwed if we had to pay for all those bats. Why do you think college doesn’t do it?

And, try to find a good wood bat for 20-50 bucks lol. A good one runs for about 65-125 dollars, and it could break at anytime. Metal bats last for more than 1 season.

Their is no use in complaining about it, ALL pitchers have to deal with it, not just you.

ya true just trying to vent a little bit about the situation, see what other people think about it.

Also to scorekeeper, no one was saying that i had a magnificent 88mph fastball, i am just saying the harder it comes in the harder it leaves.

Also the 2 kids on my team that batted over 0.700 this year, used aluminum bats all year, just today i pitched to both of these kids just for fun, you know what happened?

They did not get 1 ball out of the infield, i swear.

The other kid hit a fly ball that landed just over shortstop and hit the infield

ya if you hit it right on the sweet spot it will go, any where else, it probaly isn’t going to go nearly as far, as if you hit it with an aluminum bat