Mental Help!

I’m 19 and i have had no pitching instruction, other than this website. I went to a batting cage to hit for fun (cause i dont play baseball in leagues or anything) and went to the 50 mph cage. afterwords i pitch practiced witha friend as catcher and he said i probably topped out at 50 lol. I still have no control and trying to figure out all the mechanics.

when i go to the forums i see 14-16 year olds pitching 80’s??

its kinda draining/inspiring to read all the posts. lol.

give me some inspiration!!! lol i’m going out to practice now b4 the sun sets. later.

[quote=“tiki510”]I’m 19 and i have had no pitching instruction, other than this website. I went to a batting cage to hit for fun (cause i dont play baseball in leagues or anything) and went to the 50 mph cage. afterwords i pitch practiced witha friend as catcher and he said i probably topped out at 50 lol. I still have no control and trying to figure out all the mechanics.

give me some inspiration!!! lol i’m going out to practice now b4 the sun sets. later.[/quote]

Same here I have no access to good pitching coaches besides what I can get online :cry:
I just try to study by myself and watch lots of big league mechanics and go from there and try to figure out the best ways to develop good mechanics.

[quote=“tiki510”]I’m 19 and i have had no pitching instruction, other than this website. I went to a batting cage to hit for fun (cause i dont play baseball in leagues or anything) and went to the 50 mph cage. afterwords i pitch practiced witha friend as catcher and he said i probably topped out at 50 lol. I still have no control and trying to figure out all the mechanics.

give me some inspiration!!! lol i’m going out to practice now b4 the sun sets. later.[/quote]

You can’t let what you read on these forums or anywhere else online get to you. There are too many factors for you to take EVERYTHING you read literally.

First of all you shouldn’t be comparing yourself to some of the people on this forum because most of the members have had long term coaching and access to MANY ways to develope themselves as pitchers. If you aren’t at the level that some pitchers are on yet (I say yet because I believe that with work you can get to where ever you want to be) you shouldn’t compare yourselves to them because it can trash your mental ability.

Also when it comes to any online forum you have to take most of what you read with a big grain of salt. While you will find some very knowledgeable people such as Coach Baker, Roger so on… you will also run into many who will exaggerate their abilities to make themselves look better.

I also wish to add that by wanting to get better and looking for a way to get better you are already on the right track for making yourself a better pitcher. Always focus on the positive whenever you can!