Mechanics help

its kind of hard to say exactly when you’re doing flat ground work. if you had some video on a hill where you could dig in and drive a little better it may be more helpful.

Exactly what problems are you having?

Have you been to see a doctor?

You are short-arming it, and that puts a lot of strain on the shoulder. But before anyone starts diagnosing your “problem”, I have a couple of questions:

What type of problems are you having? Is it physical (if so, describe the type of pain - sharp, dull, etc.) If you are in pain, where is the pain? (shoulder, bicep, elbow). If you aren’t in pain but are having trouble throwing strikes, where are you missing?

Lots of young guys with pitching experience of their own are more than willing to diagnose your problem without asking you the pertinent questions, yes? But though they are willing to help and may be very good pitchers themselves, their experience is fairly limited. Before you start trying everything that they do, try logically diagnosing your issue. Then it will be easier for everyone to help.

[quote=“hoseman18”]You are short-arming it, and that puts a lot of strain on the shoulder. But before anyone starts diagnosing your “problem”, I have a couple of questions:

What type of problems are you having? Is it physical (if so, describe the type of pain - sharp, dull, etc.) If you are in pain, where is the pain? (shoulder, bicep, elbow). If you aren’t in pain but are having trouble throwing strikes, where are you missing?

Lots of young guys with pitching experience of their own are more than willing to diagnose your problem without asking you the pertinent questions, yes? But though they are willing to help and may be very good pitchers themselves, their experience is fairly limited. Before you start trying everything that they do, try logically diagnosing your issue. Then it will be easier for everyone to help.[/quote]

i’ve been ahving elbow problems lately, it hurts a little bit but it’s very tender and i’ve been to a doctor and i am currently doing physical therapy right now. It’s been a lot better and i am going to start throwing soon, but before i do that i just want to fix some mechanics problems so i don’t need to go through this again.

This year i noticed i never got a sore elbow. Last year i got one a little but my elbow never really bothers me my shoulder does a little but if my arms sore its my entire arm. Maby I’m throwing with good mechanics?

You do have some Inverted W in your arm action, which is potentially bad, but it’s not terrible. I would try to keep your PAS elbow a little lower ala Greg Maddux.

Also, you fly open with your glove. You need to finish with your glove at your glove-side pec.

In terms of the elbow pain, I don’t see anything obvious. It could be that you are accidentally throwing a slider (e.g. supinating your forearm). You need to learn how to pronate the release of your pitches.

You do have some Inverted W in your arm action, which is potentially bad, but it’s not terrible. I would try to keep your PAS elbow a little lower ala Greg Maddux.

Also, you fly open with your glove. You need to finish with your glove at your glove-side pec.

In terms of the elbow pain, I don’t see anything obvious. It could be that you are accidentally throwing a slider (e.g. supinating your forearm). You need to learn how to pronate the release of your pitches.[/quote]

What is PAS and glove side-pec?

My mechanics aren’t perfect either but one thing that i found to help my body go with the rest of my motion is, pointing your toe down so that your lower half goes down and out. Another thing you might want to work on if getting your head moving through with your body if you back is more parallel to the group and moving through the rest of your body will move with it.

[quote=“gary kuang”]

What is PAS and glove side-pec?[/quote]

pitching arm side for the first

glove side pec is obvious. it’s your left chest.