Mechanics help

i’ve been having arm problems lately so any help would be appreciated.

you look to be using all arm and no body at all. pitching involves not only arm but legs, torso etc.

take a look at the clips on this site.

theyre up at tha top under ‘clips’

i had trouble finding them 8)

so what do i ahve to fix?? What do i need to use more of??

explode thru your balance point by leading more with your front hip. this will increase your stride which in turn will incorporate your upper body more. this should help with the arm problems and increase velocity

should i just step more further out with my left leg to increase my stride? Does that do the same as leading with the front hip? and also do u think that would be easier if this was done on a mound?

here i also got a front view:

thanks for the help

Striding farther is not just using your lead leg, it’s about hurling the whole body thru. Oh, and think that your arm is just an appendage and using the fast force of body to produce velocity. This is not an easy thing to get used to BTW, so you have to practice a lot

what esle should i do besides just strding farther? and i don’t get what u mean by using the fast force of the body to produce velocity?

Once again, the faster the car goes, the faster whatever is attached to the car moves. It’s like that. Arm is an appendage that is taking a ride of body. If the body moves fast as you move forward, it’s a guarantee that your arm will ride the force of body faster

[quote=“dothebartman116”]
Once again, the faster the car goes, the faster whatever is attached to the car moves. It’s like that. Arm is an appendage that is taking a ride of body. If the body moves fast as you move forward, it’s a guarantee that your arm will ride the force of body faster[/quote]
Only if the body has the functional strength and flexibility to maintain posture and balance and proper timing through the delivery. It’s not just as simple as going faster.

what do u guys think? i neeed help please thanks

I know why you are getting injured and the reason is because you do the inverted W a little and bring the elbow above the shoulder so try to change your arm swing to a roger clemens/roy oswalt arm swing. I think the injury will go away once you stop bringing the elbow above the shoulder because it puts to much stress.

RIstar Posted: May 29, 2007 Post subject:

I know why you are getting injured and the reason is because you do the inverted W a little and bring the elbow above the shoulder so try to change your arm swing to a roger clemens/roy oswalt arm swing. I think the injury will go away once you stop bringing the elbow above the shoulder because it puts to much stress.

is it because i am “short-arming” arming and when u said that i need to change my arm swing to a roger clemens/roy oswalt armswing do u mean i need to bring my arm back?

Ristar,

is it because i am “short-arming” arming and when u said that i need to change my arm swing to a roger clemens/roy oswalt armswing do u mean i need to bring my arm back?

ok its not because you short arm the ball its because you take the elbow above the shoulder and thats why you are going to keep getting injuryed.

In this picture it shows what you do. And its not good.

Try to instead of bringing the arm like smoltzs do it like roy oswalt you will suffer less pain. And get the same velocity. After using a arm action like roy oswalt tape your self and post it up.

Gary,

I would also take a look at your body position at foot plant. If you stop the tape there you will see that you stride a bit to the right of your target line and compensate for this by tilting your trunk to the left.

This cause you to throw across your body and can add stress to your shoulder.

Your front side glove arm drops below your waist and you cut off your follow through with your pitching arm at your waist. Try keeping your glove out front and bring your chest to the glove. finish your follow through by bringing your trowing hand down below your left knee which will require a flatter back at finish. This should help tpo keep more of your momentum on your oitching line towards home plate.

[quote=“RIstar”]ok its not because you short arm the ball its because you take the elbow above the shoulder and thats why you are going to keep getting injuryed.

In this picture it shows what you do. And its not good.

Try to instead of bringing the arm like smoltzs do it like roy oswalt you will suffer less pain. And get the same velocity. After using a arm action like roy oswalt tape your self and post it up.

[/quote]

but in those 2 pictures aren’t they in different stages of pitching? cause roy oswalt is about to release the ball and smoltz is just bringing the ball up. Does anyone have a clip of roy oswalt’s whole throwing motion?

no they are both about to hit the ground. I`m talking about arm action. roy oswalt arm goes down and up and then throws the ball. you have a bad arm action that leads to injury. go to pitchng video on this website and watch his arm action. then look at yours.

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/images/john_smoltz_arm_action.gif

this is not what u want. this is your arm action.

http://www.letstalkpitching.com/images/roy_oswalt_back_side.gif

look at roy oswalts arm ction this is what you want.

yea i know what you are tlaking about now thanks man is there anything esle wrong with my delivery? i also have another question as u can see that my left plant foot is to the right of the imaginary line. if it’s a little bit is that ok or am i still throwing across my body?

if it is only a little to the right it’s ok.

I think you want to throw a little more explosive with your body and try to use everything you can.

Next time you video tape video tape you on the mound because flat ground mechanics are different from mound mechaincs ok.