Mechanics 2016 rhp

Couple throws off the mound from 2 days ago. I would love to hear some feedback for things to work on. thanks

Virtually nothing to work on, I say. Probably the best mechanics I have seen posted on this site, in my opinion. If I had to nit-pick, I’m not a huge fan of the big step to the side, but I don’t think it is affecting the rest of your delivery. One other thing is your glove position as you rotate your shoulders; because you keep it kind of high it can block your throwing arm from following through to a complete finish and prohibit proper deceleration. I’d prefer the glove to sit at your hip as you finish.

It all depends on where you typically miss. Mechanics look good, smooth, no unwanted motion. Let us know what you’re struggling with on the mound whether it be consistency, movement, off speed stuff anything like that.

Looks very solid, just try to land more across your drive line. Keep up the good work.

Mechanics update. I’ve come a long way since May of 2014 but intent and tempo in the delivery still need some improvement. I have to learn how to really throw off the mound with MAX intensity while keeping clean mechanics and not flying open with the upper body. Feel free to leave advice as I am constantly trying to get better! Pitches in the video are 2-seam fastballs, curves, and change ups.

You cock your arm a bit early so try to delay your ant a bit before swinging it up, like Felix Hernandez or to the extreme Linececum like. Also your arm is cocked really close to your head. I don’t think this is a big problem but it looks more string and controlled at 90 degrees.

You can see what I’m talking about here. Arm fully cocked before landing.