Mechanical flaws

my son pitched a tournament over the weekend and didn’t pitch very well. I couldn’t figure out what he was doing wrong. He was in the strike zone but was getting bombed. In 1 2/3 innings he let up 6 hits and 4 runs. He only pitched 35 pitches and only pitched 6 balls. All his pitches were working and allwere in the zone but he was getting bombed.

He usually does really well in 16 outings during the summer he had an ERA of 0.86 ad neverrrrrrrr got hit like he did over the weekend

does any one know what the the problem may be?

please reply

just having a bad day. Even the best pitchers have bad outings. Roger Clemens got shelled his last outing. I’d be more concerned about a trend rather than a 1-game performance. If he’s throwing nearly all strikes, are they “Fat” strikes, or are mixed location, mixed speed?

what i thought it might be was strikes up in the zone but he was all over the strike zone. He used three pitches in that game fastball-65-70 mph,changeup-40-45(ridiculously slow), curve-breaks about a foot

his offspeed was getting groundballs but errors kept him from getting out of the inning then he would pitch a fastball and get bombed

what i thought it might be was strikes up in the zone but he was all over the strike zone. He used three pitches in that game fastball-65-70 mph,changeup-40-45(ridiculously slow), curve-breaks about a foot

his offspeed was getting groundballs but errors kept him from getting out of the inning then he would pitch a fastball and get bombed

also…

wat i just found out is that the team we played in the tournament was one of the top 14U teams in the nation

Rancho Cucamonga Quakes

in the disney elite 16 tournament in florida they came in ninth

this tournament consists of the top 16 teams in the nation

we playeed this team twice the first game we lost 5-2 the second game was a disaster 15-1

Over the course of 10 pitching appearances, even Major League pitchers will usually have their best stuff just 30 percent of the time (3 games), average stuff 50 percent of the time (5 games) and terrible stuff 20 percent of the time (2 games). The best pitchers are the ones who can still find a way to win with their average stuff because it’s expected they’ll win with their best stuff.

Instead of drilling what was wrong in your son’s last appearance, talk about what was done right, and get em’ next time!

A short memory in pitching goes a long way!

I keep talking about this because it is a major factor in a pitcher getting clobbered from here to Timbuktu and back. Is there a chance the batters know what’s coming because the pitcher is telegraphing his stuff, often without knowing it? There are many ways in which pitchers tip off what’s coming—and opposing coaches, or a runner on second base, are very quick to pick up on this. I could tell you dozens of stories about this situation, but the upshot of it all is that the pitcher needs to examine what he’s doing that’s telling the batters “Here comes a fast ball down the pipe” or some such. Once that’s done, it can be corrected.

ya i agrree

All these topics are being resurected. 2005?