Me Pitching

Finally got a quick video of me pitching in my backyard. Its already in slow motion so hope that helps.

So if any body can see something im doing wrong plz tell me thanks

almost go killed with the ball :lol:

ya lol. Also do you see anything wrong with my windup?

Sorry But I’m no expert on analysis but i does look good to me

k cool

I have no clue where to start you need some help.

DOn’t crouch down that much. I think you should try to stay tall. Also Try to move at the target as soon as you lift the lg off the ground.

Next thing is DO NOT LET THE ELBOW GO ABOVE THE SHOULDER. Instead keep it right below the shoulder.

ALso work on staying sideway’s with the shoulders.

k uh, why are you crouching down then leaping up when you throw?

K ill try to fix those things that you mentioned. Also today I tried pitching like what I used to do when I was 12-13 and it seemed better. Should I mabye make a video of that to so you can see if its better?

Yes that would be fine.

Why is the elbow not supposed to go above the shoulder?

Because it will create injury in the shoulder. It’s not mechanically correct to do so because it will cause an impinchment in the shoulder and you don’t want that.

Also how you get tendonitis, and some elbow injuries can be caused to i guess.

[quote=“RIstar”]Because it will create injury in the shoulder. It’s not mechanically correct to do so because it will cause an impinchment in the shoulder and you don’t want that.[/quote]There is absolutely no evidence supporting this statement. And it’s “impingement”.

This is only one person’s theory.

EDIT: Oops. Had I read ahead, I would have seen that DM posted effectively the same comment. :oops:

but if you look at this young boy then you will see what he is doing is going to lead to an injury im just warrning him. You will not see any MLB pitcher or College pitch having there body not tilted and there arm almost hitting there head.

First, you can’t actually tell from this angle where his arm is in relation to his head, and as an afterthought, why would you refer to him as “young boy” when he can’t be more than a year or two younger than you are?

Stop the video at foot plant and you will see what I mean.

I called him young because he is you can tell he is. And i would think at least about 5 years diff.

His arm is a bit too close to his head, but what evidence do you have that this is really such a dangerous thing.

ps. He said when he was 12 or 13…

Everytime a person asks for help, it turns into a debate and the guy never gets much help in the first place. Geez guys, I mean, come on! :stuck_out_tongue:

pilldom, don’t bend your knee like that, especially when you aren’t moving forward. Try to start traveling forward as soon as you pick your front leg up. Between that and having your elbow above your shoulder, you look pretty solid.

I do my best not to! It’s just so hard! :stuck_out_tongue: