Me pitching in college game

hey just got some clips i put together from a college game i just pitched… went 7 innings 4 hits 3 walks 4k’s … not my best but wasnt feeling it at all … heres some clips… tell me if anyone sees anything wrong with my mechanics sory… quality isnt that good

heres the link:

? anyone see anything wrong… anything will be good lol … (aka bump lol)

it doesnt wanna load for me :frowning:

you pull yourself to glove with front foot or push? looks pretty good to me…how fast?

thanks. What I do is when my leg is up I’m leading with my hips towards the plate with my leg bent. So I’m not really pushing off. I’m basically falling twards the plate. I throw 88 and I’m just getting started. LOL

I like your motion

thanks I try to keep it simple to keep me from gettig worn out in the middle of the game. Its my energy saver LOL.

Right now I’m in Florida for pro baseball tryouts. I’ll keep you posted on how I do. Today I went 6 innings 7 ks 1 hit 0 walks 1 er (homerun) its a 5 day pro baseball tryout

Just my opinion here but your arm action looks stiff.

From the video, It doesn’t even look like you are trying to throw that hard. If your throwing 88 mph now and can get more momentum towards the plate and rotate faster then I think you can increase your velocity quite a bit. In engineering the term is called the priciple of relative velocity.

The example is that if object A is traveling 80 mph and then object B is propelled from object A at 20 mph in the same direction, then object B is really traveling 100 mph (neglective wind resistance).

The same is true with your body to a certain extent. Although it is not a perfectly efficient system, if your increase the rotational velocity of your pelvis and torso then you should inherently increase the rotational velocity of your arm without accerating it any more than normal. This constant acceleration means no extra force, only extra velocity.

where you at in florida? im in WPB…dont think you need to speed nothin up in delivery. deliveries are supose to look effortless smoltz is prime example, throws 95 and looks like hes throwin 50. speed that shyt up and you’ll just break the chain but im sure you alreay knew that :wink:

[quote=“3up 3down”]hey just got some clips i put together from a college game i just pitched… went 7 innings 4 hits 3 walks 4k’s … not my best but wasnt feeling it at all … heres some clips… tell me if anyone sees anything wrong with my mechanics sory… quality isnt that good

heres the link:

[/quote]

Dude, when you go from the wind up, you look sooo much like Daniel Cabrera…but like a foot shorter and 40 pounds lighter.
I like your mechanics, they look just fine to me, and if they work for you, dont change anything (unless its somthing thats gonna hurt you).

Looks to me like you could get more out of upper body, a stronger finish, what I refer to as “flat back” on your finish. Also, you notice how you’re falling to the left, trying opening just a little more to left with your stride foot, I think you’ll be more comfortbale.

It looks like your hips might be opening up a bit too early/much. I might be wrong because of the quality of the video but it looks like your foot is pointed more towards first base side when you land, it should generally land more towards third base side (I am talking about the way your toes are pointed).

Hey man… mechanics dont look bad at all but if you watch clemens and beckett and pitchers like that you will notice that there upper body stays closed as long as possible while there lower half tends to open before this generates power from the legs and abdominal region… stayin closed a little longer will help that ball to dance and might give you more velocity…

I know it help me i am now touching 94 and i was always around 88-89 but keep me posted later dude

It looks like carlos zambrano from your upper body and arm motion in your delivery

not a mechanical flaw but you could try working back up the mound after you throw a pitch instead of catching the ball at the front of the mound. This allows you to work quick and give the hitters less time to get comfortable

i never was a quick pitcher… to me alot of hitters are use to pitchers getting the ball back and ready to go again … my teammates know when i pitch its going to be a slow start and even slower later in the innings… also our closer is a fast pace pitcher… so when he comes in its a change of pace for the hitters as well.