Maybe this for my offseason workout?

I came across this workout created by Mark Rippotoe, considered one of the best strength coaches in the US, and it looks like it could work out for me because its a weight gain workout(trying to gain 20-25 pounds) and its only 3 days a week, perfect for my busy schedule (I work 4 Days a week).

Week 1

Day 1- A Workout
Day 2- B Workout
Day 3- A Workout

Week 2

Day 1- B Workout
Day 2- A Workout
Day 3- B Workout

A Workout

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 1x5
Bench Press- 3x5
Barbell Rows- 3x5
DB Decline Bench Press- 2x8
Abs/Core

B Workout

Squats- 3x5
Standing Military Press- 3x5
Power Cleans- 3x5
Chinups- 2x8
Abs/Core

Looks good. Does he specify how much of your 1RM you should lift for each of the exercises, and also how much rest to take between sets?

I dont know 1RM means lol, but i think i might know what your talking about. it says to stay at the same weight through each set. and it also says that when you warm up, workup to the desired weight that u want to do on your first set. idk if that answers your question or not lol. And as for the rest, I think it said somewhere to take as long as you needed, just dont be lazy and dont rush.

1RM = One rep max. Most programs will tell you what percent of your 1RM you should be lifting for a given exercise. Most low rep workouts use heavier weight than high rep, but they also have longer rest periods.

A Workout

Squats- 3x5
Deadlifts- 1x5
Bench Press- 3x5
Barbell Rows- 3x5
DB Decline Bench Press- 2x8
Abs/Core

I would drop the DB decline press for an Incline DB or BB Press because you already have the flat bench, which will work your chest/shoulder/tri enough.

B Workout

Squats- 3x5
Standing Military Press- 3x5
Power Cleans- 3x5
Chinups- 2x8
Abs/Core

I would do my power cleans first, you always want to do explosive movements first in my opinion after a nice dynamic warmup ofcourse.

Well what do you think an incline bench is gonna work? Flat bench hits the middle of your chest, incline hits upper, and decline hits lower. If you neglect one you’re gonna get a muscle imbalance. I would say alternate them in your workouts.[/code]

just don’t forget a lot of stretching, pitching is more about flexibility and leverage than pure power

i was actually thinking of doing the DB bench on a swiss ball, because your working on balance and your also working the core by stabalizing yourself.