Matt Gaul's Pitching Progress

Welcome to my Personal Pitching Log. My name is Matt Gaul and I am 14 years old, going into Grade 9 in September of 2008.

Arsenal:

1. Fastball - 78-79 mph, excellent control and nice movement.
  2. Slider - Nasty, late break.
  3. Curveball - Go-to pitch when Slider is not on.
  4. Changeup - Big velocity deifference from Fastball.

Stats:

8.0 Innings Pitched, 2 Earned Runs, 2 Walks, 20 Strikeouts

Monday, July 14th, 2008

Today I started looking for a Workout Program I can do in a gym. I’m making good progress and I am hoping to have a solid Program ready to go in the next couple of days. If anyone would like to help me out with this, just send me a message via the forum. I have a Running Program, as well as a Throwing Program, and a Pre-Game Warmup Program. All I need is a Workout Program, and a Nutrition Program which includes Supplements. Again, if you can help me, contact me.

you struck out 20 people in 8 innings?

Yeah.

Impressive

Tuesday, July 15th, 2008

Went to the gym today and worked on my new Core Performance Workout Program. I had a tough time with some of the exercises, considering I didn’t know how to do most of them. But it was good and I am going to try the next day’s exercises tomorrow. But if anyone has a different program that they think might improve velocity, just let me know.

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m pitching tonight against the best team in the league so we’ll see how it goes. I’ll let y’all know tomorrow. Peace.

ur 14 and u throw 90?

Where does it say I throw 90?

Wednesday, July 16th, 2008

Pitched last night against the best team in the league and my team won 8-5. I didn’t start, however. The starter went the first two innings and let in all five runs. In my league we only play 7 innings so after the first two innings, I came in and pitched five shutout innings, striking out 12 and walking two. Last night I was consistently hitting 79 mph on my fastball, and my slider was simply nasty.

Thinking of holding off on the gym today, considering I am struggling with the exercises. Please, if anyone has a workout program that increases velocity, message me via the forum.

Thursday, July 17th, 2008

Had a game last night, but did not pitch. Pretty much just played First Base to rest my arm. Nothing significant happened last night because I wasn’t pitching.

Threw a bullpen this morning and my arm was feeling great. We don’t have a game until Sunday, so hopefully I’m pitching then. The way I’m feeling, if I start working out and eating a bit better, I can definitely see myself hitting 80 mph in late August or so. Wouldn’t that be something?