Making room for abs

I want a six-pack. I do plenty of planks, pushups, situps, amd other abdominal exercises in addition to eating healthy. I have dropped about 4lbs in 5weeks, but I have seen no six-pack over a 5week period.

What else do I have to do to get strong, good-looking abs?

Train your core. Not your abs. Squats, Deadlifts.

make sure youre doing lower back stuff with all the abs you’re doing.

HYPEREXTENSIONS ALL DAY. My posture has improved greatly since begining to perform these and deadlifts.

You can do all the core exercises you want but if you don’t get your body fat percentage to somewhere around 10% or less those muscles will stay in hiding.

Circuit training has helped me out a bunch; you really have to set aside about 10-20 minutes a day and make yourself do it. You also have to change your diet so you can get your body fat down below 10%

[quote=“chrisman”]I want a six-pack. I do plenty of planks, pushups, situps, amd other abdominal exercises in addition to eating healthy. I have dropped about 4lbs in 5weeks, but I have seen no six-pack over a 5week period.

What else do I have to do to get strong, good-looking abs?[/quote]

If you want a six-pack, stop eating. It’s primarily about body fat %, nothing else.

That being said, this is a baseball website. What exactly do you think a six-pack will do for you on the baseball diamond?

It’ll help him hook up with that pretty blonde after the game.

Hitting 400 foot bombs does that. And abs don’t help with that. :wink:

Honestly, some people can never really achieve the six pack. A large part of it has to do with genetics…some people will easily have a six pack, while others can work their butt off, eat hardly anything, and still not have a six pack.

I personally do have a six pack, and I didn’t really have to work for it. I’m 6’ 190lbs and I eat like a horse…junk out, etc. I still have the six pack. I don’t know how, but I suspect genetics has a lot to do with it.

theres your problem (or the problem of somebody who eats nothing and still can’t get a six pack) - EATING NOTHING

why?

your metabolism goes into slow motion and you store fat like crazy (my experience with friends who only feed one or two times a day and still carry around a gut)

everybody can get a six pack. Telling yourself otherwise is a cop-out.

whether or not this helps with pitching is entirely different, but everyone has abs, and everybody can see them if they get their body fat levels low enough.

Yeah genetics play some role but with the right approach anybody can overcome even the worst genetics (no, you’re not the .000001% with some rare genetic disorder that contradicts this statement)

I’ve seen the effects of frequent feedings on my metabolism, and I can tell you it’s ridiculous how much it speeds up, to the point where you’re ALWAYS hungry. Your body doesn’t think it’s in starvation mode and stores less as fat.

that’s my understanding at least.

Good point Kyle. VERY good point.

Lanky…you inspire this old fudpucker, I think maybe I’ll get yet another look at my toes before I die :wink:
(I’m not that bad but I have a spare tire and it needs to get gone so I can get Mrs. jdfromfla to like me right :inlove: :greengrin: :bigtup: )