Making a new workout plan. Help needed

This is what I am planning on doing.

Mon.— Squat, lunges, stiff leg dead lift, leg extinsions, and leg curls.

wed— barbell bench press, Ab machine, Military press machine, chest flyes, dumbbell bench press, and tricep pulls

Fri— Power clean, lunges, High back row, low back row, stiff leg dead lift, and calve raises

What do you think any suggestions are tips would be greatly appreciated. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do cardio in case you were wondering.

go to my web site look at my workout ok It on the left go to MY WORKOUT

www.pitching101.50megs.com

I don’t think he cares about your workout.

Have you even seen my workout GO look. Don’t judge if you haven’t seen it yet.

you need more than a strong base.

DID you look at my site, and look at MY WORKOUT?

[quote=“chandler2109”]This is what I am planning on doing.

Mon.— Squat, lunges, stiff leg dead lift, leg extinsions, and leg curls.

wed— barbell bench press, Ab machine, Military press machine, chest flyes, dumbbell bench press, and tricep pulls

Fri— Power clean, lunges, High back row, low back row, stiff leg dead lift, and calve raises

What do you think any suggestions are tips would be greatly appreciated. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do cardio in case you were wondering.[/quote]
There is definately some good things in there that you can build on. I’d drop the leg extensions and leg curls. Maybe think about doing a normal deadlift on monday since you are doing the SLDL on friday. I’d also look to go fullbody each lifting day since you only have three days a week.

So, something like…
Monday- Squat, one arm DB snatch, dips, deadlift, chinups, BB bench

Weds- Incline DB Bench, Jump Squats, Overhead Press (any variety), High Pulls, Pushups (any variation), Bodyweight Rows (aka reverse bench)

Friday- Squats, Pullups, Hang Clean, Bent over rows (BB or DB), Stiff Legged Deads, Calf Raises

Each day has 6 exercises and basically you should hit every major muscle group on each day. If you are doing cardio tuesday thursday then I would do core work on that day (after cardio).

oh dear lord, of course I did, I’m not like you and I’m not going to copy and paste random shit here with no idea of what I’m talking about.

You think a strong base is all you need?
Lets see, I played for one of the top hockey teams in alberta this year, arguably the most talent-rich province in the country. I have a strong base, and i throw a decent amount of heat. The strongest kid on our team, who looks like he stepped right out of a Pride FC ring, Throws smoke, with half decent mechanics.

Then another kid who throws slightly above average heat who has what you would consider a strong base, would probably be able to do those workouts and ask for more, and he has the best mechanics around, the Team Alberta coaches commented on him saying his mechanics were awesome, in the top of all the players scouted at the talent ID camps say he needs to work on his strength to be able to throw top level heat.

And it’s not about the size of the workout you know and No he wouldn’t be asking for more after YOGA and the workout. Have you ever done YOGA or any of this training?

You don’t have to capitalize yoga buddy, 4th grade grammar buddy.
And yes, I’ve done yoga. Our goalies do a ridiculous amount, and I did it with them because I figured it wouldn’t hurt. It’s about the intensity of the workout, the ability to surpass and build strength, read the article about how to throw harder that steven ellis wrote on his homepage. If he isn’t working a t 100% , you won’t get any better.

Then whats wrong with my workout then?

Take it to PM guys.

Guys-
I really love this forum because there are so many well-informed people who are passionate about pitching and about sharing ideas, articles, knowledge, etc. And I’m always open to hearing new ideas as well as the opinions of others.

This said, it seems like half of the posts on here are just really knowledgable people wasting their time trying to convert RIstar to the philosophy of REASON. Why are we spending so much time trying to win over this 15 year old kid?

Instead of hearing this kid attack everyone else’s ideas over and over can we please just BOYCOTT RIstar?!

LOL boycott

Look at my workout if you haven’t it might be something you like you never know with out looking.

www.pitching101.50megs.com

I’ve seen Roger Clemens, YES, ROGER CLEMENS, on a very strenuous lifting routine in the offseason. If you don’t lift, you’ll get weaker. Have you seen his legs? They are tree trunks, and I don’t think he got them like that using the exercises you believe in.

Your exercises seem better for an inseason workout…

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.

o Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

[quote=“kc86”][quote=“chandler2109”]
There is definately some good things in there that you can build on. I’d drop the leg extensions and leg curls. Maybe think about doing a normal deadlift on monday since you are doing the SLDL on friday. I’d also look to go fullbody each lifting day since you only have three days a week.

So, something like…
Monday- Squat, one arm DB snatch, dips, deadlift, chinups, BB bench

Weds- Incline DB Bench, Jump Squats, Overhead Press (any variety), High Pulls, Pushups (any variation), Bodyweight Rows (aka reverse bench)

Friday- Squats, Pullups, Hang Clean, Bent over rows (BB or DB), Stiff Legged Deads, Calf Raises

Each day has 6 exercises and basically you should hit every major muscle group on each day. If you are doing cardio tuesday thursday then I would do core work on that day (after cardio).[/quote]

kc86- Thank you for your post I found it very helpful as most of your posts usually are and I appreciate that.

RIstar- I looked at your workout but I don’t think I will have enough time to do that since I will have school, lifting, and a job.

PS: I was wondering what you guys think of bicep curls, becuase I think I could fit those into my routine somewhere too.

I’ll help you out here. Curls well I asked about those in a previous topic. The sound to the point answer I got which I loved. “Curls are for the girls.” Straight and to the point. If your looking to have some nice bis do them but if not then they are unnecessary to help in pitching.

Haha interesting interpretation of replies. Although your definately right in that they aren’t necessary.

Chandler: If your doing pull-ups and rows your biceps will develop just fine. Throwing in a few sets never killed anyone either, it’s personal preference. And yes I know there really isn’t a high school male out there that doesn’t like curls.