Lower Half Mechanics feel

I am having trouble incorporating my lower half consistantly into my delivery. I understand the concepts of hip shoulder seperation and how you should on lift leg not be stationary rather try to corkscrew it. What are things/ cues to look out for when then transfering from lift leg into going down the mound? What are you suppose to feel in the back leg? Also, I heard that it is best to keep torsion in the back leg as while you stride down you can at the last second use it to explode out foward. Thanks again for the help.

ek22,

‘I am having trouble incorporating my lower half consistently into my delivery.’

Then use the leg locomotion you use when you walk, trot and nominally run the way your body is built to work. Performing the traditional splits drive mechanic that uses no previous leg momentum to drive the ball because along with this approach comes the late arriving Humeral/forearm outwards timing that also eliminates the use for separation when the time is right when the Humerus reaches final full length.

“ I understand the concepts of hip shoulder separation “

How do you understand it within the timeline of your approach? Are you completing the separation at the same time as you lengthen your outwards rotation of your Humerus, to take advantage of it.

Have you noticed even with the best at Hip/ shoulder separation guy’s that when they shorten (Contract it) this separation, the Humerus is not ready to throw yet? In fact what you are seeing is HSS being performed and lost in getting the Humerus outwardly rotated when you can actually then contract forwards motion of the ball.

“ how you should on lift leg not be stationary rather try to corkscrew it.”

Warning; “corkscrewing” it has been diagnosed Dr. Mike Marshall as a gateway pathomechanic called

“over early counter rotation past the field driveline “ that later causes miss alignment leading to shoulder issues at drive.

“What are things/ cues to look out for when then transferring from lift leg into going down the mound?”

That we do not perturb our Lengthening rhythm by exerting maximal effort in the first kinetic chain (lengthening Chain), so that when we do exert maximal effort during the 2nd kinetic chain (shortening chain) all alignments and timing to full length arrivals can be perfected.

“What are you suppose to feel in the back leg?”

Stability and a share of the drive, this does not happen with the traditional approach. With the traditional approach the back leg can not contribute towards forwards movement because of the lateness (Humeral/forearm outwards rotation to full length) pathomechanical problem.

“Also, I heard that it is best to keep torsion in the back leg as while you stride down you can at the last second use it to explode out forward. Thanks again for the help.”

Consider your source, consider your sources source then theirs if you can?, etc., etc.

There seems to be all of a sudden a lot of experts out there with many different factions all saying something different. I always look at their credentials before trying to make sense out what they are saying.

Make the ball side leg help the glove side leg do it’s power move naturally from punching thru rotation by staying tall and driving the knee forwards allowing drive and recovery full rotation of 180 degrees.

This will put you back in alignment with the field driveline in a great “drop step” defensive position where the shoulder is allowed to stay centered in it’s cavity.

Stay tall thru the whole delivery and when you plant your glove side leg pull back on it and your glove arm so you can rotate as fast as you can. Learn all forearm pronated drives and releases.

practice well,

Check out Trevor Bauer explain his lower half movement. I think he explains what is supposed to happen perfectly, and with a side by side video comparison.