Lost interest

As much as I love pitching, I’ve just really lost the interest in the workouts and nutritional values of it.

I don’t know what to do to get motivated for it again, I mean it’s the offseason and if I don’t find something I probably won’t even be the best pitcher on my team anymore

[quote=“jmeks23”]As much as I love pitching, I’ve just really lost the interest in the workouts and nutritional values of it.

I don’t know what to do to get motivated for it again, I mean it’s the offseason and if I don’t find something I probably won’t even be the best pitcher on my team anymore[/quote]

What motivated you before?

Well, to be perfectly honest I don’t think there are too many people out there who jump for joy before heavy strength training days. It’s hard work and most of the time it’s easier to just say “meh” and do something more fun with your time.

The thing is, while you may not like the activity itself, you do like the results that the activity brings. You mentioned that you love to pitch, so I am going to assume that you particularly enjoy pitching well and being as effective as possible. If you don’t train in the offseason, then you will not do as well as you are capable of doing.

So basically what I am trying to say here is that there is no magic pill. You wont find some “thing” out there that will give you motivation to push through all the pain and sweat to succeed. The one weapon you possess is staring back at you from the mirror. The best athletes in the world are the ones that are willing to push themselves past what is comfortable or easy.

You want some motivation? No, you NEED some motivation, and you know what motivated me to throw into a net on my drive way with 2 feet of snow shovelled off on each side in -20 degrees celsius weather? Read Ball Four (again, if you haven’t already).

Every time I hear “batter, take your base” it gives me motivation to improve, both pitching and training wise. If I were you, I wouldn’t just want to be the best on your team, but create a huge gap between you and the next guy.

Remember this, though. You’re not competing against the other pitchers on your own pitching staff. You’re competing against every other pitcher in your age group in the entire nation. And to make it and really be successful at pitching, you’ve got to be better than them, not the guys on your team.