Loss of grip

sometimes when i pitch later in the game i loose the strength in my fingers and cant even grip the ball. has this happened to anyone

see a doctor

I smell tj

[quote=“tdbaseball”]sometimes when i pitch later in the game i loose the strength in my fingers and cant even grip the ball. has this happened to anyone[/quote]have ur fingers ever gone numb, tingled, or had anything like that when doin sudden movements.?

no but that happens sometimes when i pitch

[quote=“tdbaseball”]no but that happens sometimes when i pitch[/quote]what, tingling or numbness?

my fingers go numb to where i cant even grip a baseball hard and also my elbow tingles when i extend it straight. if my arm is flexed it doesnt hurt

[quote=“tdbaseball”]my fingers go numb to where i cant even grip a baseball hard and also my elbow tingles when i extend it straight. if my arm is flexed it doesnt hurt[/quote]if this would ever talk to me…i would go to a sports doctors office, even without an appointment, ask to speak with a doctor, say this to him and most will get u an mri, chances are u have a case of TJ, but who knows…u need to see a doctor as soon as possible, quit throwing

You need to go see a doctor.

What could be going on is that your UCL is loosening up, putting excess traction on the nerves that run within your elbow.

That would explain some of what’s going on.

Defintely. I got a tingling whenever I would throw a curveball in my wrist. It felt like the tendons were riding up on each other. It would tingle and feel kinda numb from my wrist to my fingers. But I was throwing a curveball like a retard so oh well.

You feel this with just your curveball because you are supinating and focusing the load on your UCL, which sounds like it may be a little loose (perhaps due to your slider).

I threw the slider after I gave up on the curveball, so thats not it. And I didnt supinate for sure.

Which way does your slider move?

It breaks down and away, probably about 60% of the movement is run and 40% is sink.

[quote=“Jacobs 21”]It breaks down and away, probably about 60% of the movement is run and 40% is sink.[/quote]please, dont look for answers on here, go to a professional, what u need is a mri…jus take the time and go get it checked out man, if it was my arm i wouldnt f around with it

Im not the one with the loss of grip and numbness.
I got a tingling after throwing a curveball a wierd way, and the tingling was in my wrist, like a year ago.
Now I dont feel anything like that, and it only happened once because after I threw it I stoppeed.

is there any way of strengthening the ucl in elbow to prevent inujuries or stop pain

No.

All you can do is change your mechanics and how you throw (e.g. learn how to pronate) to reduce the load on your UCL.

If your slider moves like that, then you are probably supinating.

Then Bob Gibson supinates, because htats pretty much what my slider does.

Any breaking ball involves supination–that’s every pitcher in baseball.