Looking to Gain Some Weight

Hey everyone,

I am looking to gain some “good” weight before the season comes around. I am 6’4" and weigh 192 lbs. My main goal is to get to 200-205 lbs for this season. As of right now, I don’t feel as if I have a very good nutritional plan since it is pretty tough to eat healthy on college cafeteria food, but I try my best to do with what they have. I lift 4-5 days a week, alternating legs and upper body. After working out, I have a shake that is about 500 calories.

With that being said, I was wondering if anyone could help me with any tips on increasing my mass and gaining “good” weight.

Thank you in advance,
Justin

How’s your nervous system doing?

My nervous system is pretty well.

My nervous system is pretty well.[/quote]

I’m astonished that it can recover when your working out 4-5 days a week.

My nervous system is pretty well.[/quote]

I’m astonished that it can recover when your working out 4-5 days a week.[/quote]

It’s pretty rough sometimes. Throughout the week there are some days that are heavy, but there are also “light” days mixed in as well. The way our program is set up, we change workouts every two weeks or so and in between that, we have a “transitional” week with mainly core stability. Since the semester is winding down now, we are cutting back to 3-4 days a week, with a little more conditioning.

Just wondering, how exactly do you know how your nervous system is feeling?

first of all I doubt 4 days a week of lifting is going to burn anyone out especially if they are on an intelligently designed lifting template. You’d start to feel a complete lack of motivation to train and like it took immense effort to lift what should normally be easy weight. Your muscles are able to recover in between workouts, but your CNS is burnt out. If you are lifting 4 days a week, and sleeping and eating properly this shouldn’t be an issue.

But to actually answer your initial question I would

1. Track your nutrition, if only for a short period of time, to get an idea of not just what you’re eating but HOW MUCH you’re eating. Post what you ate yesterday on this thread (in detail) and it will be obvious where you can make improvements.