Looking for feedback on a recent flat ground bp I threw. Should I expect more velo when i get on the mound?

All things being equal, generally yes throwing off a mound vs. flat ground can assist with throwing harder and getting better movement on off-speed and breaking pitches. The extra 10-12 inches height certainly helps.

I’m currently 24 years old and am going to ST with a Indy team. At what point time should I contact a pro scout to possibly get signed? I’m 6’2 200lbs. What mph range would I want to be in before I make a call is what I’m looking for. Thanks.

Good for you. A lot of indy league pitchers get picked up by MLB organizations especially as the season progresses (May/June/July) and pitchers in the minors end up on the DL with various issues. You will get good exposure to MLB scouts pitching for an indy team – they follow them.

At 24 years old though, you really need to be throwing 89-93+ mph with a very good secondary pitch to be a reliever, and a very good third pitch to be a starter. And, of course, you need to be able to pitch – hit your spots, set up hitters, field your position, etc. There are absolutely no exceptions with velocity, in my opinion.

What’s your speed right now?

When I threw for the Indy ball manager I was 91-93 t94. I have split that is 83-84, slider 83-84, and a curveball 77-80. When I start throwing off a mound I’m hoping to be 90-93. Then when I’m able to get outside (live in Michigan) I’m hoping to be perhaps a little stronger with cleats, a hitter, adrenaline, etc

Don’t be surprised with your initial pitching mound experience if your velocity and control are seriously effected. After watching your video you impress me as having a lot of upper body strength.

I did notice this:
However, every once and a while you raise your stride leg, bring your stride foot back and “flip” it a bit. In other words your stride foot flaps just before you bring it around and stride towards your target.

Ditch the flip. .

When you hit 90, you aggressively brought your entire upper body forward and down a bit, exchanging your shoulders very quick. THAT’S WHAT SCOUTS ARE LOOKING FOR IN UPPER BODY. A powerful upper command of muscles and timing. Just be advised, they look for that, from you, on a consistent basis. It takes a lot of stamina and a healthy body to be that consistent.

With that same focus location:
I also observed that you seem to be very consistent, and on target, when your pitches were around the shoulder zone of your backstop. That’s very good! To help you in that regard, keep you eyes on the top of your backstop’s head gear. Fire at that. When you get onto a mound with a downward slope, that focus will keep you pitch out of the dirt and will actually help you locate your pitch, either down and away or down and in.

With that same focus location:
You’ll also have good location elections with your slider - guaranteed. Keep the same focal point, just slightly adjust the grip. That way your body’s motion will remain, but, the incoming slider will be a guessing game for the batter.

I remember mentioning on this web site about various conditions and outcomes about being scouted when with an Indy club. It can be a bit tricky and you want to be diplomatic about it, especially if your agreement with the Independent Professional League Club has stipulations to it. So, be professional about it, understand any and all portions of your agreement(s), remember you’re in a business - you’re not an amateur any more. When you’re talking to, or approached by, someone or a group outside your current club/employer, who are interested in your services there are protocols and norms that are expected in this business. Don’t go blindly - just be careful who you take advice from. And always, I mean always, never talk at any length to scouts or those interested in you, outside your current club/employer, on the premises of your current club/employer. Meet at your home, your apartment, a place where you can talk in confidence. Be careful of public places like hotel lobbies, restaurants and such. Too many lending ears. In addition, don’t talk to teammates about your business. Remember they’re in business to and not to be the ones to be trusted with confidential information

You look very strong and healthy - you should do well. Best wishes with your career plans.