Long tossing

Should u long toss in season? (summer ball)

I always to a little long toss before every game. If you go to a pro game before it starts you will usually see the pitchers throwing some long toss. Just be careful your not all out chucking your hardest on a perfectly strait line. That would just make you tired instead of stretching you out. Try to get your same pitching mechanics to really stretch out! Good luck!

check out jaeger, theyve got an excellent program, you can se some videos of them on youtube as well.

How many times a week should u do it? Or just everyother day(weekends included)

Yes, my varsity pitchers all long tossed in season, as I did in college and pro ball. Just get to a comfortable distance at least twice the distance of the pitching mound distance, and adjust from there based on how your arm feels and whether you are pitching a bullpen or game. Good luck!

11U mound distance is 50 foot so using your guidance long toss should be roughly 100 feet. What I would like to know is for how long in minutes should the long toss session be? Keep throwing until their arms starts to get tired or a set duration?

Any general guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]Yes, my varsity pitchers all long tossed in season, as I did in college and pro ball. Just get to a comfortable distance at least twice the distance of the pitching mound distance, and adjust from there based on how your arm feels and whether you are pitching a bullpen or game. Good luck![/quote]Agreed, just listen to your arm. Stretch it out on your good days, dial it back when you can really feel the soreness.