Long Toss

wondering if someone could show me a proper long toss routine.
Also, i was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to gain arm strength other than a long toss program.

i start w/ a close warm up then slowly stretch it out to about 150-200 feet and keep it there for a few minutes. then work back to 275ish and stay there for a few. work your way back to 60 feet for a little then work back to 150-200. your arm should be tired now but not sore. if its tired keep throwing just lighter, if it hurts any time thru this stop right away.

thnx… i kinda new so could ya help me out here for a sec. Do u want to push yourself(your arm) to exhaustion/feel tired.

thnx… i kinda new so could ya help me out here for a sec. Do u want to push yourself(your arm) to exhaustion/feel tired.

Make sure your longtoss motion closely resembles your pitching motion.

it is good for your arm to be tired, that means it is building muscle

if it hurts that is bad and u should stop

i usually began the week (monday or tuesday) with a long-toss and stretch it out max distance, but dont be throwing rainbows. you want to throw as hard as you can, but keep it on a line, remember, pitching is all downhill. after the 25-30 throws at max come back into about 65 feet and work off-speed stuff. there is a difference between sore and hurt. sore is good, means your building throwing muscles. the next day, do a Stretch toss, warm up slow and only go back 120 ft max, but USE YOUR LEGS! this is a very crutial day for muscle building in your arm. the next day: rest-day, but still work your off-speed stuff. then the next a pen day followed by another stretch-toss. also, one of the biggest muscle builders to throw harder are rubber tubes. attach on end to make it stationary and go through your throwing motions with the other end everyday. this prevents injury’s down the line and also builds up muscle. look on the internet for this, im sure there’s a lot of write up about it. if not, PM me and i’ll let you know specifics. do this everyday and do positives and negatives meaning all the muscles to slow your arm down as well, so pretty much everything in reverse. this will help you the most and fastest.

When you say dont use your legs…do you mean to throw it the same as your pitching motion? and not getting any kind of crow-hop into it?

USE YOU LEGS. expecially in long toss, and most crutially the next day when your arm is rebuilding from the long toss. if you dont use your legs, then you put your arm in too much strain and risk injury. you most certainly can crow-hop. your long toss motion does not have to resemble your pitching motion.

USE YOU LEGS. expecially in long toss, and most crutially the next day when your arm is rebuilding from the long toss. if you dont use your legs, then you put your arm in too much strain and risk injury. you most certainly can crow-hop. your long toss motion does not have to resemble your pitching motion.[/quote]

Alright, thanks. Have you ever had any experience using the weighted baseballs? Does it really help with your velocity?