LONG TOSS

How can long toss increase velocity? Explain this to me

by building strength in your shoulder.
But strength doesn’t matter right?LOLOLOL

Ok if you want to go with the strength part then just do tubing lol same thing. If you want to think like that.

tubing isn’t always the answer buddy.
Aren’t you the one all about the japanese training style? I’m pretty sure I’ve read in a few places that Dice-K did a ton of long toss as a kid.

If you want to say strength is in the shoulder then tubing and long toss do the same thing they increase strength.

On dice-k why doesn’t he do long toss now? he pitches alot off a mound because thats what he is paid to do.

[quote=“RIstar”]If you want to say strength is in the shoulder then tubing and long toss do the same thing they increase strength.

On dice-k why doesn’t he do long toss now? he pitches alot off a mound because thats what he is paid to do.[/quote]
How do you know Dice-K doesn’t long toss now?
and why would it matter about that, your not throwing like he is right now buddy. Frankly you make an ass of yourself every time you post, by saying some blatantly ignorant things.

Are you paid to pitch of a mound?
Are you Dice-K?
Are you in the majors?
Are you throwing 90+?
You’re so into the whole playing alot of ball thing, long toss can also help increase your mechanics and other things, if you long toss with INTENT.

INCREASE YOUR MECHANICS LOL YOU DON’T HAVE A CLUE.

Mechanics are only good when throwing off a mound not flat ground. THe mechanics to throw off flat ground are different then the ones on a mound.

And of course you don’t want to talk about and you skipped over in the last post that tubing adds strength and so does long toss. They do the same thing.

[quote=“RIstar”]INCREASE YOUR MECHANICS LOL YOU DON’T HAVE A CLUE.

Mechanics are only good when throwing off a mound not flat ground. THe mechanics to throw off flat ground are different then the ones on a mound.

And of course you don’t want to talk about and you skipped over in the last post that tubing adds strength and so does long toss. They do the same thing.[/quote]
Yes, keeping your shoulder closed longer and exploding through it won’t help my mechanics at all right?

RIstar are you Dick Mills?

UMMMM YEAH BUT doing that crow hopping and on flat ground and then try doing it on a mound I think staying closed is a little different and the mechanics aren’t the same.

Nice try trying to squezze your self out of this one.

[quote=“RIstar”]UMMMM YEAH BUT doing that crow hopping and on flat ground and then try doing it on a mound I think staying closed is a little different and the mechanics aren’t the same.

Nice try trying to squezze your self out of this one.[/quote]
[ADMIN EDIT. Keep it pitching, not personal. --Steven Ellis]. Seriously, if you’re so amazing why are your mechanics crap? And if you’re so talented and know so much about training, why aren’t you throwing a 90 mph heater?

ok have you seen the back yard mechanics on youtube i guess not tell me what is wrong with them.

www.youtube.com/jay21328 go to back yard mechanics and look even DM AND ROGER said they are fine so think before you talk next time.

Alright, those mechanics are alot better than the other ones I saw of yours, but my oppinion still stands, if you know so much about working out, and mechanics and everything? why aren’t you throwing ridiculous heat

im 15 and need to grow a little more? if I do i think the heat will come.

untill you throw this heat stop preaching that you’re a genius

How hard do you throw?

RIstar, no matter what type of throwing you do it is good for you (in moderation). Whether its of a mound or longtoss. Throwing on the mound gives you your PITCHING mechanics. When longtoss or flat ground work on you THROWING mechanics. They both have similar things such as keeping your shoulder closed and needing a good stride.

Tubing is good yes, but its doesnt help you with your throwing or pitching MECHANICS, its working on tweaking the muscles.

I went from throwing 60 to 80mph, because of muscle growth and a good longtoss program. I dont know the science behind it but i swear by longtoss being benificial to both arm strength and arm longevity.

Around 70 mph, but I’m not preaching that I throw smoke, and that my workout theories are the best, and right, and will help me, I’m here to try and figure out what would be the best for me

But wouldn’t it be smarter to do throwing off a mound because thats what you do in a game and longeity can be done on a mound by instead of throwing 100 pitches throw 150. Same thing. While working on game mechanics and hitting your sports.

you really are uneducated in this subject.
You seriously think the only throwing training you need to do is from a mound?
You’re CRAZY.