Long Toss guide

hey guys whats up. I was wondering whats a good set of days to do long toss. I have read alan jaegers program in detail but i would like a program rather then deciding if my arm feels good. Because frankly my arm never does hurt.

So should i long toss monday, wednesday, and friday or what.

Also to fill you guys in on my tryout a few days ago. I got clocked at 79mph but i was throwing with pretty good control. And the guy also said my change up was amazing and he like my curve as well.

I also figured that our radar gun is off by a few more mph. So when i said i threw 79-80. I was actually throwing 81-82mph. I also topped out at 84mph. But at the camp we didn’t get much warm up. We only got like 10minutes of throwing thats all that was allowed. So ya i think i had a little more in the tank but couldn’t really show it off. Oh well i am happy because the guy said if you can throw 80mph then you would be invite to come and play. So ya i am kind of happy.

But ya if you guys could answer the long toss and if you have any more comments just post guys. thanks

What does your pitching schedule look like?

Day 1: pitch in game

Day 2: light toss

Day 3: full-distance long toss, 32 pitch bullpen

Day 4: 60 pitch bullpen

Day 5: medium-distance long toss

Day 6: pitch in game

hey steven i pitch either 1 day on saturday or sunday and i usually go 100 pitches every game.

I woudl like to long toss monday wednesday and friday.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but I was curious about a few of the items you listed below.

First, what does your “light toss” workout look like? For instance, is it 15 - 20 minutes @ 40 ft throwing at 70%, or is it more like flat ground pitching where you’re throwing 60 - 80 ft @ 85%? Once a day, or multiple same day workouts?

Second, same question regarding long toss? For instance warm-up followed by 10 throws @ 175 ft, 10 @ 200 ft, 10 @ 175 ft. ,etc. Or something different?

Thanks for your help.

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]What does your pitching schedule look like?

Day 1: pitch in game

Day 2: light toss

Day 3: full-distance long toss, 32 pitch bullpen

Day 4: 60 pitch bullpen

Day 5: medium-distance long toss

Day 6: pitch in game[/quote]

ya steven i am pretty curios too about what the guy above me wrote as well.

I am also interested in a larger and more in depth explanation of Steven’s post