Long Toss...by myself

I’m sure this has been answered before, but what is the best way to go about long tossing by myself?

Mostly just wondering if there’s any good ways to do it, if you can at all.

[quote=“jmeks23”]I’m sure this has been answered before, but what is the best way to go about long tossing by myself?

Mostly just wondering if there’s any good ways to do it, if you can at all.[/quote]Get a bucket of balls, and if you are on a field start throwing against the backstop and work your way out farther and farther. Obviously you will have to go and refill your bucket several times, but I think this is the best way to make sure the balls all go one place instead of rolling about around a field.

I found these generic rubber balls at the pet store for $1.25. They’re exactly the same as the “Franklin Rubber Training Ball” you see at sporting goods stores. I also found two packs of other generic balls at a Dollar Tree I used to live close to. Not that you need to save $2 on the real training ball, but myself I lose them.

They have some fake seams and everything, maybe not like a real ball but they’ll slice and sail on you when you don’t throw right.

So keep one in your car and check out school yards or parks with lots of basketball courts cause some of those will have a tennis wall. I’ve seen them sitting all the way across 6 or 8 bball courts plus a bunch of open grass. Or just throw against one of the buildings if that’s all there is. You gotta watch out cause most people near by do not realize someone is throwing a ball that far.

In the city I used to go an empty lot/yard and throw at the side of an onramp to the highway, kind of an overpass. But for the distance I had to throw into a corner that kind of double bounced the ball back to me. Eventually the ball would not make it back and I’d have to walk maybe thirty feet to pick it up, but it sure beat picking up balls. You will still look lonely, sorry.

Man, really you should find some kid from Venezuela or something. They train with sticks and rocks in the middle of the night. When there’s less cars, you know… they must have ideas.

I’m kidding. But underprivileged kids with talent manage to do almost everything with practically nothing.

I have this problem sometimes too when there is no one to throw with. What i did is i saved up about $80. Then went out and bought like 70 balls(also had a gift card). With that many balls you usually don’t have to refill, as long as you pick them up when your arm is warm before you start moving back. Works for me.

A batting cage will also work if the field is being used or it is a wet day.