Long toss and weighted balls in action

Long toss and weighted balls in action

really 101mph at the end of the third video? that’s ridiculous.
Not criticizing it or anything im just saying that it’s amazing.

Lanky,

You know any details?

What weight balls?

Who’s the coach?

Where is that located? (I see desert in the background. :wink: )

[quote=“Roger”]Lanky,

You know any details?

What weight balls?

Who’s the coach?

Where is that located? (I see desert in the background. :wink: )[/quote]

I believe it’s Air Force Academy baseball team. The pitching coach is Tim Dixon…

He says “underload ball” in the third video after their first time through, and all of them gain 4-7 mph over their previous velocity with the standard 5oz ball

The pitcher who hit 101 with the underload ball hit 94 with what I’m guessing was a 5oz ball. This would make the underload ball probably in the 3-4 oz range.

I don’t know all of the details but I just thought it was pretty neat to see this stuff actually being applied in a collegiate setting and getting what appear to be pretty nice results.

Thanks.

They’re doing similar things at USC. And, yes, the result are reported to be very significant.

Disclaimer: You better know what you’re doing before undertaking this type of training protocol or else risk injury.

Very cool. As most of you know, we use them quite a bit in our velocity improvement program and have seen some good results. We’re going to take our 2 month exit training velocities here in a week or so, and I’m excited to share them with you all. Ages range from 12 to 26 and include under/overload throwing, wrist weights, sprint/jump training, medball training, and strength development (barbell/dumbbell).