Long time no see

Nice, sounds like a sick performance, is he looking to eventually make his way onto a div 1 team or something? A sinker around 90 is pretty deadly.
I’m not 100% sure when I’ll be going to Florida, depends on volleyball tournaments and such, but I’m pretty sure he lives in or near Palm Springs. Or Jupiter.

Well for him, the goal is the pro’s, the path…well right now just to another Fla State League team get the associates and make some decisions…
Jupiter is the hotbed…You’ve got a ton of great schools right there…Miami-Dade is just down the road, Brevard, Broward…Indian River, Daytona is just up the road, Polk, yep lots-o-great baseball, if you got game…they want to see it…Let me know…I’ll get you some links and names.

[quote=“3and0”]What do you mean, sit a little deeper? and I truncate my upper body?

[/quote]

Sit deeper means simply lower your body more with your legs, think of it like getting your center of gravity closer to the ground.
By truncate 101 I believe means that your cutting off your follow through. This leads you to leave some velocity still in the tank. Correct me if I’m wrong 101

[quote=“jdfromfla”]Well for him, the goal is the pro’s, the path…well right now just to another Fla State League team get the associates and make some decisions…
Jupiter is the hotbed…You’ve got a ton of great schools right there…Miami-Dade is just down the road, Brevard, Broward…Indian River, Daytona is just up the road, Polk, yep lots-o-great baseball, if you got game…they want to see it…Let me know…I’ll get you some links and names.[/quote]Yeah I knew it was a good area to go for baseball. This morning I received a call from a guy who coaches a team we played against in Edmonton thats run out of a baseball academy and he said he really liked the way I field the ball on the infield and he’s trying to set something up with I believe Minot State in North Dakota for me, and apparently at our provincial tournament there will be a few scouts, so I guess it’s just up to me to bring my best stuff on the mound and at 2nd base

I would tell you to go play very very long toss with someone and get a feel for what your front leg does in driving your hips to release. Here is a warm up video of Strasberg in the bullpen, I know its a bit shaky at times, but watch the role the front leg plays in driving the hips, he already lands on it, and its stiffening as he is coming through, then it is fully stiff at release. It is happening so fast, and looks effortless. He absorbs the landing and drives the front leg, It isn’t fully stiff before release but its so close to fully stiff at release, not still bent, the leg is actually driving the hips to throw the ball. This is something that you have to experience to feel the difference. The release is in perfect sync with the stiff front leg. Even if the leg is driving back and not fully getting stiff its different than the body absorbing it and not using it to the potential. There is more you can get from the front leg :frowning:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/stephen-strasburg-pre-game-warmup-washington-nationals-sun-life-stadium-miami-fl/1314789545

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/stephen-strasberg-this-was-gas/1330899845