Long time coming, but the facility is fully open!

It’s been a long, long, long many months of negotiation, but my Seattle-based baseball training facility is now open and fully partnered with a local select league. Check out some pics I took over the weekend:

Feels really good to get going! :slight_smile:

I like the sled. Place looks good. Good luck.

Thanks! Had it welded up by a local guy on Craigslist. I’m a big DIY/used equipment guy if I can help it - buying a Prowler was way too much!

Looks awesome. Awesome enough for me to consider moving to Seattle from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin…

Ha! The weather’s not so great for baseball here in the winter either. Like a select coach in the area told me: “High school baseball is 20 games in the rain. Summer ball is where it’s at.”

AWESOME, kyleb! Congrats on the facility! It looks terrific. How many mounds do you have? Cages? Do you have a long toss tunnel? What about video analysis software?

I’ve wanted to open a baseball facility for years, but never had the guts to do it. I commend you for following your dream! Keep us updated on your progress and keep posting pics. Love it!

Thanks! Had it welded up by a local guy on Craigslist. I’m a big DIY/used equipment guy if I can help it - buying a Prowler was way too much![/quote]

Where I train we have a prowler (nice piece of equipment) and three john deer mega tires. You can find those tires fairly easily and for cheap if not free.

[quote=“Steven Ellis”]AWESOME, kyleb! Congrats on the facility! It looks terrific. How many mounds do you have? Cages? Do you have a long toss tunnel? What about video analysis software?

I’ve wanted to open a baseball facility for years, but never had the guts to do it. I commend you for following your dream! Keep us updated on your progress and keep posting pics. Love it![/quote]

Steven,

I just hired an intern to build my motion capture lab! We already do 2d and sync’d 3d stuff with basic kinematic work, but this is going to be full-bore stuff that rivals ASMI’s labs! Everything falling into place in five days after 3 years of research is pretty amazing. I’m on a huge high right now.

We have three cages, one mound, no long toss tunnel (but access to fields .5 miles away), and a huge outdoor area to flip tires / use sledges like huskie pointed out.

What athletes do you expect to be working with? High school, college, pro??

Mostly high school/college split. I strongly prefer that market - I’d ideally like to stay out of pro training unless they seek me out.

Nice!

A west coast Eric Cressey in the making?

Heh, not quite. I think I have many years to go to reach that kind of pedigree (not to mention some degrees…).

Plus a big part of the facility will be the mocap lab in the third cage. I think it will attract a lot of (good) attention!

sick!! :viking:

Very cool, the thing I really like is it really looks clean, so many places that I have been to aren’t. Not to bash you at all but get rid of the junk behind the workout area, clients shouldn’t be exposed to your storage space, you want the place to feel baseball up and down. Sorry, I am in the another service and private lesson industry and I am constantly bashing my place so that my clients feel excellence all the time. Keep it that way and you will be very sucessful.

I am in a totally different industry but my kids all have been taking baseball lessons and members of facilities since they were 8 so I have a unique understanding of what you do and just how hard it is. Like I said I also am in an industry (no baseball) who teaches 20,000 private lessons a year so if you would like some outside opinions on things then PM me.

Good Luck!

Haha, I know - I am a stickler for cleaning up junk at my place of business too (at home is another story). However, those storage areas aren’t mine (yet), so they need to be there. I can tidy it up a bit and probably will do so soon.

[quote]I am in a totally different industry but my kids all have been taking baseball lessons and members of facilities since they were 8 so I have a unique understanding of what you do and just how hard it is. Like I said I also am in an industry (no baseball) who teaches 20,000 private lessons a year so if you would like some outside opinions on things then PM me.

Good Luck![/quote]

I absolutely will consider that in the future. I definitely have a lot of marketing/business questions to think about, and when I feel confident that I am not going to ramble, I’ll be sure to do so. Thank you very much.

I don’t mind reading the rambling ons of people, you sometimes find the jewels of thought in those absolute frantic thoughts.

one of the select organizations training there wouldnt happen to be the washington warriors would it?

Not to my knowledge, no.

Just looked them up. They’re located in South Seattle but apparently train far north of Seattle (Ranger Hitting Academy, in Bothell).

We’re located right in between both locations, actually. I don’t train the NSBA select teams - just some of their athletes individually or in small groups.

Congrats! Sounds like a dream come true I love it!

BTW I sent you a PM.

Posted a bunch of videos from this week’s workouts if anyone is interested: