I play 11U select baseball, all of our catchers are told to set up low and inside, is that a good spot to put it?

No.

I tell my guys to set up low middle if not low and outside.

Some good hitters can turn on a low and inside pitch.

[quote=“SchillingBeckett”]I play 11U select baseball, all of our catchers are told to set up low and inside, is that a good spot to put it?[/quote]depends on what kind of pitcher u are, fast or control, if u can throw the heat, dont be afraid to throw high and inside, they cant hit it most of the time, if your a control pitcher, throw low in the zone

I don’t understand the question. Are you saying they only throw to one location? Regardless of which pitch is called? Regardless of the batter’s tendencies?

Yes, every pitch.

Yeah, I was just thinking that.

That sounds like a very stupid strategy.

You should work on hitting both sides of the plate. This will keep the hitters guessing and help you develope good command.

Yes, every pitch.[/quote]

Hitting is all about timing. Pitching is all about disrupting the batter’s timing and keeping him off-balance. Throwing every pitch to only one location is helping the batter because he can focus on just that one location. On the other hand, changing speeds and location keeps the batter more off-balance.

Throwing to only one location is a poor strategy and it will not allow you as a pitcher to develop your skills properly.

I just Paint the corners low and high. But always mix it up to where u throw it, depending on the count and pitch. Thats what do, and i dont have any problems, until im drained and hanging by threads. Even throw some pitches out of the zone to get them chasing if your ahead.

Yea thats all i got. good luck bro.

Thank you all of all of your replies.