Sometimes i have just a bit of location problems… I throw a good fastball, according to my coach, which i dont know where its clocked… sometimes i dont have the best location but i can still pitch a good game… Im not completely wild but last time pitched it was 1H 4IP 2K 0 ER and my curveball wasnt working and i didnt throw any change… ive heard before that sometimes its confusing for the hitter that the pitcher be just a tad wild but can still throw strikes… sort of… I have the tendency to keep my weight back at times but it gives me more control… i also plant my foot late at times and also when i plant my foot i turn it to the left… I also mostly throw high and want to get rid of that…I need a lot of info cuz i started baseball when i was a soph for the first time ever… and now im a senior…

well, what i always do, is my catcher sets up where i want to throw it, then i look at where his glove is and jus concentrate hard on hittin his glove and most of the time i get it where i want it to go

as for the high pitches you could try striding out a little farther. that brings the ball down.

When we’d play catch or long toss in the back yard or at the ball park, if I didn’t hit him in his chest (or in a spot he could easily handle), I’d have to chase it down.

I dont understand the chasing part… this was an update October 14, 2005 How To Promote More Accurate Pitching Accuracy on stevenellis.com… anybody help me out ?

[quote=“toro15”]When we’d play catch or long toss in the back yard or at the ball park, if I didn’t hit him in his chest (or in a spot he could easily handle), I’d have to chase it down.

I dont understand the chasing part… this was an update October 14, 2005 How To Promote More Accurate Pitching Accuracy on stevenellis.com… anybody help me out ?[/quote]

cause if you keep missing your spot your gonna be doing alot of running

it should help you concentrate more after you have to go chase the ball a couple of times, in a way it could also help you in the future under pressure situations

and a lot of running… how exactly… “chasing”

In that post on my StevenEllis.com Blog, I was taking a light-hearted approach to developing better pitching accuracy. It was part joke, part serious.

Look, when you’re playing catch with a partner in your backyard, for example, and you throw it wild, you should go and get it, not your throwing partner. That was my point. My dad made me chase after the ball if I threw it wild. It helped to develop my pitching accuracy because I made sure I threw it to him accurately… I didn’t like to have to go get it if I threw it wild.