Location problem

Hey i was wondering if you guyz could really help me out with my poor location. I have horrible location one time i even pitched it over the catchers head can u please help me

Can you give a little more details or somethings. There’s a million reasons for poor location.

Just a few,

Low throwing elbow
Rushing to the plate
Not finishing
Pulling your head/jerking
Leaning back on leg kick

That’s just a few, keep working, there’s also different drills that will help break bad habits and create good ones.

Good luck

to be perfectly honest i really dunt no how to pitch a ball i can just throw hard.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]Just a few,

Low throwing elbow
Rushing to the plate
Not finishing
Pulling your head/jerking
Leaning back on leg kick

That’s just a few, keep working, there’s also different drills that will help break bad habits and create good ones.

Good luck[/quote]

I would add make sure you keep the same release point.

I feel that focussing on the release point is barking up the wrong tree. Location/control comes from having repeatable, efficient mechanics and a body conditioned to support them. Then it is about “feel”. Practice, practice, practice. My son had horrible control issues for many years. Threw quite hard (I think but never had him gunned) but couldn’t throw strikes at all, let alone hit the corners. An old coach asked me one day what we need to do to get him to throw strikes. My answer was “get him to throw more” with the intent to hit targets. Throw more. Last season, we saw a remarkable difference. He practiced more and it paid off. He now paints the black instead of throwing plumbs down the middle.

The other thing is that a teenager’s body is constantly changing and that changes the entire feel of things. They are always having to get used to a new body.

Work on getting efficient, repeatable mechanics. Condition the body to support those mechanics. And pitch a lot with targets in mind.

DM hit is dead on. Have someone like a coach or experienced pitching instructor check your mechanics, then its off to the pen to work on spots, and location.

Do you always miss to the same place (e.g. outside) or are you all over the place?