Live umpire or K Zone?

You have probably seen that rectangular box used by commentators to review a borderline pitch to see if actually landed in the strike zone or not. This box is called k zone and it is an accurate way to determine balls and strikes.

Here’s the question: Would you prefer to have K zone determine balls and strikes with pin point accuracy or would you prefer a home plate umpire to determine balls and strikes using his own judgment of the strike zone?

umpire because it adds another element to the game that makes the game unpredictable. baseball is much more interesting with umpires calling balls and strikes

definately a k zone. that way nothing ever gets out of hand and it stays fair. ive had enough calls missed by umpires that have resulted in problems, such as walks with the bases loaded, me not getting clear strikes on the corners, people not watching what they say to the man in blue, etc. that way nothing would be questionable.

Stay with a live umpire.

Dude, I know you’re only 14 and all but you need to chill out and relax. Human error is what makes sports great, and those calls happen to everyone and it’s what you dael with when you’re younger

Dude, I know you’re only 14 and all but you need to chill out and relax. Human error is what makes sports great, and those calls happen to everyone and it’s what you dael with when you’re younger[/quote]

Oh yes i know. I very rarely ever say anything to an umpire other than good call blue.But no matter what call i believe i stay composed on the mound. When i try and remember the situation i can only remember the pitch, and i can very rarely remember the call. what im trying to say is that it gets very out of hand in some leagues, even at my age. Coaches can be ****s, and players can be worse. when all of that happens it takes the fun out of the game. I mean, why cant they accept they were wrong and just play the game.

So how is this K-Zone going to rid all of that?

it wouldnt alleviate all of it, but it would, without question tell if the pitch was a ball or a strike, no one could argue that.

3and0 wrote:

“Human error is what makes sports great,…”

Papibon:

Please explain the above…how does human error make sports great?

If you were to take away human error, this is what would happen. The pitcher would make a perfect pitch every pitch, but if the hitter cannot error, than he will hit a 500 foot home run every time. It’d get old pretty fast. Everyone would be pretty freakin good at everything.

As for umpires, here is a quote I found and like: “To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.”

You don’t get rid of umpires calling balls and strikes. Deal with it. You’re 14 years old. If you can’t deal with an umpire calling balls and strikes, it’s definitely time to find a new position, or for that matter, sport.

You can say that he missed calls and you walked in runs. But, I bet he gave you calls that the batter didn’t like whether it be high or low, inside or outside.

If you want computers to run everything there’s a game out called MLB 2K8. I think you can pick it up at any electronic store…

[quote=“NPA Pitcher”]If you were to take away human error, this is what would happen. The pitcher would make a perfect pitch every pitch, but if the hitter cannot error, than he will hit a 500 foot home run every time. It’d get old pretty fast. Everyone would be pretty freakin good at everythingr it be high or low, inside or outside.
[/quote]

I liked your post and I do agree. But…I don’t understand what your trying to say with this paragraph. It doesn’t make sense to me. I think it would be neat to see a game that was umped using a kzone type of strikezone. It would be interesting to see butt I don’t think it should ever become the norm. Just “cool” to see what would happen.

a pitch thrown in the so called strike zone from k zone is a pitch down the middle hit 400feet a pitch thrown 2 inches outside is a called strike or a swing and a miss. if you get to watch a game where they show some calls and where they show where the ball was when he hit it you’ll understand you cant throw in this strike zone and be successful.

How boring would it be to go to a game or let alone watch a game with out an umpire. Nothing more exciting when an umpire rings up a guy bottom of the 9th. This would end up like those hardcore whiffleball games u see on you tube. To much tradtion to take a way the ump. And what would happen to all those kids who have the dream of becoming umpires :lol:

[quote=“NPA Pitcher”]If you were to take away human error, this is what would happen. The pitcher would make a perfect pitch every pitch, but if the hitter cannot error, than he will hit a 500 foot home run every time. It’d get old pretty fast. Everyone would be pretty freakin good at everything.

As for umpires, here is a quote I found and like: “To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.”

You don’t get rid of umpires calling balls and strikes. Deal with it. You’re 14 years old. If you can’t deal with an umpire calling balls and strikes, it’s definitely time to find a new position, or for that matter, sport.

You can say that he missed calls and you walked in runs. But, I bet he gave you calls that the batter didn’t like whether it be high or low, inside or outside.

If you want computers to run everything there’s a game out called MLB 2K8. I think you can pick it up at any electronic store…[/quote]

did i say i couldnt deal with the umpire calling balls and strikes? i dont have the slightest problem with an umpire calling balls and strikes. would rather have the umpire, but a a good one, not some guy off of the home team’s bench.and i walked in a run once in my life and i believed the ball was actually in the zone. ended up losing that game by 1 run. Ive seen umpires call 4 straight pitches down the middle balls, and ive also seen the guy almost get drilled in the face and its been called a strike. a k zone would get rid of calls like that. but you cant beat having a fair ump in there, one who knows the game, and most importantly, the strike zone.

You still have an ump calling plays at the plate. He can still ring them up or a perhaps a big red light and siren goes off on a third called strike. :wink:

I guess that would be exciting. the Siren that is. haha. The ump will sit there with a nice cool lemonade on a lawn chair with an earpiece on waiting for Joe Morgan and jon miller to tell him wat the K Zone said :lol:

Did u see the yanks@redsox last night. that umpire did the best job i have ever seen calling wakefields knuckleball. the thing was just clippin the corners and that would have normally been a ball. kzone agreed every time. great game anyway cause the yankees won.

The only time I can’t stand umps are when they want to go home near the end of a game. I had a pitch around the height of my helmet and way freakin’ outside. The catcher had to jump up to catch it, and it was a called strike three. :frowning: I couldn’t have hit that if I tried. Other than that, stay with an ump, makes it more interesting.

“Did u see the yanks@redsox last night. that umpire did the best job i have ever seen calling wakefields knuckleball. the thing was just clippin the corners and that would have normally been a ball. kzone agreed every time. great game anyway cause the yankees won.”

Yes, he did a fantastic job while the yanks whined away! Have to disagree with your last statement. :wink:

Yeah well only little umps would do that by trying to finish up the game early. Major League umps get paid tons to do a good job. Plus if to stick around you need to do a good. Every umps goals are to do playoff worldseries because thats where they get the big bucks. Its not like umpires try and do bad, its way harder than it looks. I learned that this summer haha i learned to appreciate them