Lincecum stretch

I was watching The Score (sports highlight show here) and they were showing highlights from a Giants game and they showed Lincecum in his warmups and he was doing a stretch I’ve never seen before. He had his arm bent at a 90 degree angle and was bringing it up and down rapidly, so that his fist started pointing upwards and finished pointing forwards. I’m not sure if that’s clear enough but I’m wondering what this does and how it helps.

Thanks.

It seems like it would be a stretch for your shoulder if i understand what you were saying.

oh I do that stretch all the time it works with me

what does it do for you? Loosen up your shoulder?

it workouts out your rotator cuff… i know what your talking about.

Doesn’t sound like he’s stretching - sounds like he’s warming up.

He was performing a plyometric dynamic warmup in a 90/90 position. This is one of the exercises of the Crossover Symmetry rotator cuff system that he was using at the University of Washington and as a member of the San Francisco Giants. They both use the system. Check out the video at: www.gocrossover.com and let me know if this is what you saw.

So lincecum uses this system?

Also you can use tubing to do the same thing a plyometrics internal/external movement. I don’t know how long to do this for does anyone else know how long?

I’ve been looking some more at the system it looks great and really has got my focus on pregame and post game warm-up and cool down. I think I’m hooked on this program lol it’s seems to be better then even jaeger tubing and long toss.

Now this might be a system I might get into because I need one for pre and post game and in-season. You could replace this system for dumbells which I would love to do. Also with Allen Jaeger long toss I think I now the program without even buying it really lol.

Mostly Jarger long toss program is start out slow for 2 weeks then find a maximum distance. Then every couple day’s try to increase it farther and farther back till you get to a max distance where you can train the arm to throw at high speeds.

So I’m going to do a little more research on Cross Over but I love the system seems 10x’s more effective then tubing. plus it does both shoulders which is a plus.

[quote=“RIstar”]I’ve been looking some more at the system it looks great and really has got my focus on pregame and post game warm-up and cool down. I think I’m hooked on this program lol it’s seems to be better then even jaeger tubing and long toss.

Now this might be a system I might get into because I need one for pre and post game and in-season. You could replace this system for dumbells which I would love to do. Also with Allen Jaeger long toss I think I now the program without even buying it really lol.

Mostly Jarger long toss program is start out slow for 2 weeks then find a maximum distance. Then every couple day’s try to increase it farther and farther back till you get to a max distance where you can train the arm to throw at high speeds.

So I’m going to do a little more research on Cross Over but I love the system seems 10x’s more effective then tubing. plus it does both shoulders which is a plus.[/quote]

It is tubing… sure looks like it.

I just got off the phone with the representative {sp} and he told me a little about it’s being used by like 7 MLB teams the new york yankees just gave ALL there pitchers a program to follow. Also Perfect game just did a study with a pitcher and HE GAINED 7 MPH because of the program and the plyometrics involved it’s complicated then just tubing. It’s a full in-season and off-season workout it’s truly great.

Now the cost is up there but I think Christmass is the time for me to get it I’m sold on it just because research has backed it up and it’s better then my tubing by 100% and tubing is the reason I’m healthy without tubing I get hurt.

This is just a tubing program, you’re better off just saving your money and sticking with your J Bands, you can do the same exact exercises.

tha’s not true lol j-bands/reg tubing is good but this program is designed to be for fast twitch fibers for off-season with plyometrics and in-season it’s used for balance and strength of the scapula and rotator cuff. It does more then regular tubing and it does both sides of the shoulder so it doesn’t create an imbalance. If you look into it more you will notice it is better then J-bands and the exercises help in warm-up and cool down and training more.

It’s a great program and if you got the money why not get the best out there which is the CrossOver Symmetry. Also tubing can not be used as well as a dynamic upper body workout.

http://www.crossoversymmetry.com/products_detail.php?id=13&secid=8

this link is the program i will be getting BUT I will buy extra yellow bands like the pro’s have.

Also it’s been proven to Increase mph on a prospect that was throwing hard. In 6 weeks he gained 7 mph.

[quote=“RIstar”]
Also it’s been proven to Increase mph on a prospect that was throwing hard. In 6 weeks he gained 7 mph.[/quote]

That makes no sense.

Almost all programs that aren’t completely retarded help athletes gain 6-7mph because the athletes are highschool/college age and are still growing so they would gain mph anyways… I think the bright lights are blinding you.

You don’t grow big enough to gain 7 mph in 6 weeks. The program works and they have proved it and MLB teams use it and invested alot of money in it and pro’s would not use it if it wasn’t MLB standard.

I’ve done the program and it’s the same as tubing. You can do the same exact exercises with basic tubing.

Do you still have the program?

Why don’t you like it?

I think it’s a very good program, it’s just that you can use tubing to perform the same movements. I don’t have the program, I’ve just used it before.

The growing doesn’t have to be on a macroscopic level.

This CrossOver Symmetry is just fancy tubing as stated before. It’s like dumping $900+ into a Bowflex when a cheap set of free weights with proper form is just as good.