Limited # of Pitches

When i picth i limit my self to 3 pitches because of my elbow pain… so i throw a 4 sm , 2 sm , and a 3 finger change occasionally i will throw a split or sink because it puts alot of stress on my elbow anyone have any advice ??? thanks

If you have pain you should get checked…stop throwing until then…We all know you don’t want to hear that but it is what is best. At least it is summer time and you won’t miss HS season if you get it checked now.

thanks i got checked out and they said i ossibly have tendinitis in my elbow but it wasnt looked through thoroughly i wil be seeing a sports medicine doctor or somethin soon i think … :shock:

THE ITUS strikes again lol, they need to invent something to stop this disease!!! :lol:

when you pitch again go over your mchs and fix what causd it

im afraid adam, that if it is tendinitis it wont be that simple. he will have to go through rehab and wont pitch for possibly a few months. he will basically have to start his season all over again, and thats if its only a minor case and doesnt have to have the complete rest needed for it to heal.

i know it sucks i use to have great great speed now i can hardly touch high on the radar gun but im shutting down my arm for a while and im going to do rehab i would love to get back to the way i was b4… Throwin hard … love the advice and help guys keep it coming if possible

Ahhh…the dreaded “itis”. Let me share with you a story about one Yankee pitcher, more than half a century ago. His name was Ed Lopat, and his problem began immediately after the 1951 World Series in which he pitched and won two complete games. Suddenly he just couldn’t lift his arm. Come the 1952 season and he couldn’t do anything so he was put on the DL, or as they called it in those days “the shelf”. He was out for a few months, and then he remembered an orthopedic surgeon whom he’d known in his White Sox days. He went out to Chicago, and the doctor examined him and told him that he had tendonitis in his left shoulder.
The doctor’s prescription was radical in those days—I don’t think they do it any more—but what he prescribed was a series of ten X-ray treatments. It worked—the way it had worked for Johnny Sain and a few other guys who had been after Steady Eddie to try it—and when he came back he was pitching better than ever. He racked up a 33-8 record after that, including what he continued to do to the Indians.
Lopat told me this story after I asked him where he’d been, I hadn’t seen him all season. And then he said, “But enough of that. Tell me about the slider.” (The year before, he had shown me how to throw it.) So I say to you, hang in there, get all the rest you can and take any treatment that might be prescribed, and when you get back into throwing, slow and easy does it. You’ll be all right. :cool:

thanks man for the advice