Light workout

Can somebody please give me a workout that would last about 30 minutes that wouldn’t wear me out for the 3+ games we have a week? Thanks in advance.

I’m thinking just light rotator cuff stuff, some legs. But you can do anything with the program.

bump

I’d stick to moderate weight, low volume total body workouts 1-2 times a week.

Deadlift or Squat

Lunges

DB Bench or DB Floor Press

Chinups/Pullups

A lot of core work (palloff press, ab wheel rollouts, landmines, no crunches)

maybe some low volume medball stuff.

you shouldn’t feel dead after these workouts.

This is a little late for all of you from 2007 and 2009, but those who read this now will have much to gain from this safe, and accelerated workout routine;

Meant to be done in 30-40min and can be done IN SEASON. I market it as a velocity program, but it’s really a no BS approach to pitcher strength/power training. And you need power throughout your season…not necessarily strength because you still need to play thru the week. Click on the link in my signature to view the video about it, and give it a free spin. I’m sure you’ll like it.

here was my initial sarcastic reaction

"Hi,

My name is Dr. Mckenzie,

buy my program, it will make you throw 7-10 mph harder and become an MLB all star. You will never get injured again and everybody else but me doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Seriously, I’m a physical therapist, so I know what I’m talking about. And I can’t offer this program for very long, because its TOO popular. Remember, everybody else is wrong, except for me. Only 50% of velocity comes from mechanics, I know because I came up with that number. So buy my program and become the talk of the town."

here’s my reaction after finishing the video:

this guy may know what he’s talking about, but it’s impossible to know because he’s just shamelessly plugging his product without revealing any of the true bread and butter behind it. All he’s doing is saying that this program is great and different. Nothing about anything he said was great or different. The most forward and brightest thinkers in the field willingly share their information, ideas and the latest research, they don’t hide it only to be revealed after you give them $50. Whether we’re talking about throwing mechanics, strength and conditioning, nutrition, whatever, the top coaches all offer tons of great information free to people in addition to offering comprehensive products. Eric Cressey, Tony Gentilcore, John Berardi, Alan Aragon, Jim Smith, Paul Nyman, etc. Not saying this guy is a fraud but nothing he has said would make me believe that anything he has is worth $50 on.