Lifting to Failure?

Hey all,
I am 16 years old and recently got TuffCuff and have been using it for about 6 months. In the book it has the weightlifting routine, and then I had the question: Are you supposed to lift to failure for every set, or lift explosively? ( 30-50% of 1RM.)
I’m open to everyone’s opinion so send them out!

P.S.
If you pick other on the poll, I would like to hear what you do.
Thanks!

From what I have read, DO NOT lift to failure. It increases your risk to injury and takes longer to recover.

As for lifting, I am coming to the conclusion that you you need to lift heavy and also do explosive moves especially if you pitch.

The only “lifts” we do to failure are chin-ups, pull-ups, and push-ups. Nothing externally loaded for the reasons Slewbacca pointed out.

I always lift to failure, I want results; not wasted time.

last time I checked, your strength program had not rewarded you with any significant gains in strength. Do you have an update on the impressive results your strength training program has given you?

^hahaha

And David Wells threw a perfect game while drunk. So I guess we should all get drunk and pitch.

But if you don’t do them explosively then how far should you push yourself.?

Can we define what is lifting to failure and lifting for speed? How do you set the parameters to each one?

Their is no reason why you can’t be explosive absolutely every rep you do to failure. It’s called mental toughness and your ability to give 110 percent on each rep.

Actually it is called “neurological overload.” Mike Boyle has a video about it.

http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_10151_10751_1005126_-1_1000259_1000255_1000255_ProductDisplayErrorView

I always strive for a 10 second positive and 10 second negative in my repetitions. But I’m only concerned with my tul (time under tension), not how many reps I did…