Lifting during off season

I wanted to put on some weight for this upcoming season, so I have been lifting (3-4 sets, 10-15 reps, 4 excersizes per muscle group, 2 muscle groups a day ,5-6 days a week) and taking creatine and protien regularly. I have put on 14 lbs (170-184) in a little less than a month and have been stretching and running regularly as well. I hear a lot of talk that lifting is bad for pitchers, I do lift with pretty heavy weight but I’m not doing 4 sets of 4 or anything like that. Should I stop before I hurt myself or should I continue what I’m doing till the season and then move to a lighter program?

What kind of exercises are you talking about?

Check out the Megathread at the top of this page. There are some examples of workouts.

You are currently lifting like a bodybuilder. Working high reps and 4 exercises per muscle group will cause hypertrophy - the increase in muscle size. This is the exact opposite of what you want to do for pitching, and athletics in general.

You want to switch to a program that will develop applicable strength and conditioning. Instead of isolation exercises, use compound movements that involve multiple joints. DeFranco’s WS4SB3 program is a good place to start.