Legs?

Based on the first 3 clips, could I generate more velocity with my legs and hips?

This is something I learned a long time ago.
Most batters will watch a pitcher’s upper body, particularly the arm and the shoulder, lookikng for something to hit, and they forget one thing: it’s the pitcher’s lower body—the legs, the hips and the torso—that’s the real key to a pitcher’s power. I saw how the Yankees’ Big Three pitching rotation of the late 1940s to the mid-1950s did it; they were driving off the lower half of the body, using the legs, the hips and the torso in one continuous motion so that the energy flowed nonstop through the whole body to the shoulder and the arm, enabling them to throw harder and faster with less effort and generate more power behind their pitches. You could benefit from learning to do this, and one of the best things you could do is spend some time with the “Hershiser” drill which aims at getting the hips fully involved. The hips serve as the connection between the lower and upper halves of the body, and once you get that you’re on your way to gaining more speed in your delivery. And you don’t need a lot of equipment to do the “Hershiser” drill, just a fence or a wall. 8) :slight_smile: